Online music class

To teach and learn Indian classical music
bhavana

Post by bhavana »

Dear all

This mail is for all Carnatic music aspirants. Offlate i came across M.S Jayshri Prakash who runs a music school called Shrikara. She conducts classes to students outside India through the Internet. She has sophisticated webcams and high speed net connections which almost gives the feeling of face to face teaching. She is really patient and well learned in the field of carnatic music. This mode of training provides flexibility in terms of schedule and bridges any location barrier to bring together keen students with a school which is dedicated to providing music lessons fulfilling the individual needs of students. Few highlights of her classes
-She will discuss with you your individual need /interest and depending on that she will proceed.
- Your city/location could make it impossible to take in-person lessons, she offers you the choice of learning over the Internet
-The first demo class is free of any charges so you can continue only if you wish to.

For more information visit www.shrikara.com or write to shivamshakthi@gmail.com or msjayshri@shrikara.com

rgds
bhavana.(her student)

chalanata

Post by chalanata »

who is her guru?

bhavana

Post by bhavana »

She comes from MLV school of music. Her guru is Smt Pattukottai Vasantha Chandrasekar who was a direct disciple of MLV amma. Smt Jayshri has also been trained under renowned artists like MS Sheela, and Hydrabad sisters. As you can see she has a combination of Chemmangudi as well as MLV school.

rgds Jayshri

priyaravi1998

Post by priyaravi1998 »

There is another trainer in Carnatic Music - SHYAMALA RANGARAJAN - based in Trichy, Tamil Nadu, who uses Internet/ Skype to teach students all over the world. I am one of her students. She is an MA in Music from Madras University. She has learnt from eminent persons like Calcutta Shri Krishnamurthy, Shri S. Rajam and Smt Suguna Varadachari. She is an excellent teacher, very patient and knowledgeable. Those interested may contact her at shyamala51@hotmail.com.

Priya..
Last edited by priyaravi1998 on 12 Sep 2008, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.

nithya

Post by nithya »

Hi

I actualy started learning first from trichy...sorry to say the net speed is so pathetic and gets cut on and off....and now im learning in bgl under Jayshri ma'm ( she is toooooo good and once you are her student you dont have to worry abt anything) She teaches not only music but life in general...i can say she is an evolved person!!!and the net connections are fantastic and she has a very sophisticated equipments ..actually i feel its a face to face class
Nithya

nithya

Post by nithya »

Dear all

This is just to inform you that MS Jayshri not only takes online classes but also face to face class in Bangalore. She lives near manipal hospital.You can contact her in the above mentioned e mail add.

nithya

mishram

Post by mishram »

Hi Nithya,

You had mentioned that Ms Jayashri learnt from Smt Vasantha Chandrasekar. Just out of curiosity, is Jayashri from Madurai - because Smt. Vasantha Chandrasekar lives?/lived in Madurai and I have attended so many of her concerts.

nithya

Post by nithya »

Yes MS Jayshri had been in Madurai for couple of years. and learnt from .Vasantha Chandrasekar .

anilpreeti

Re: Online music class

Post by anilpreeti »

Can u let me know her email ID or contact number please?