Ramanavami at Bidaram Krishnappa Seetha Rama Mandira, Mysore

Concerts and other events related to CM.
SSK

Post by SSK »

Ramanavami Music Festival at Ganavisharadha Shri Bidaram Krishnappa Seetha Rama Mandira, Mysore
April 13, 2008 From Hindu Newspaper
http://www.hindu.com/2008/04/13/stories ... 200300.htm

Ganavisharada Shri Bidaram Krishnappa’s Sri Prasanna Seetarama Mandira will organise theRamanavami Music Festival from April 14 to 28 on its premises.

The festival was inaugurated by the 91 year old veteran vidwan Prof. Mysore Sri V. Ramarathnam http://www.mysorevramarathnam.org , Kanaka Purandara awardee, at 5.30 p.m on April 15, 2008. Prof. Ramarathnam served as the Vice Principal of Ayyanar College of Music for 20 years with his gur Shri Mysore. T. Chowdiah, at Shri Bidaram Krishnappa Seetha Rama Mandira, Mysore.

The music festival will commence daily at 6 p.m. on the temple premises. The inaugural concert was performed by Master Balamurali Krishna. The following are the list of artists performing every day as a part of the festival:

Parasaala B. Ponnamal on April 15
Tiruchar V. Ramachandran on April 16.
Flute recital by Sangeetha Kalanidhi Dr. N. Ramani (April 17)
Vocal concert by Pattabhi Rama Pandit (April 18)
Vocal concert by Saketh Raman (April 19)
Vocal concert by Dr. Vageesh, Director of All India Radio, Trichy (April 20.)
Vocal concert Malladi Brothers (April 21);
Jugalbandhi featuring veena and flute by D. Balakrishna and Vamshidhar (April 22);
Vocal concert by T.V.Ramaprasad (April 23);
Vocal concert by Sangeetha Kalanidhi T.V.Shankarnarayanan (April 24);
Violin duet by Sangeetha Kalanidhi M. Chandrashekar and G. Bharati (April 25);
Hindustani vocal recital by Venkatesh Kumar (April 26) and
Vocal concert by Prasanna Venkatram (April 27).

Shri Rama Pattabhisheka:

There will be Sri Rama Pattabhisheka on the afternoon of April 28 followed by Mahamangalarathi at 1 p.m. Savitha Saralaya and Triveni Saralaya (Saralaya Sisters) will present a vocal recital at 6 p.m. the same evening. The Government has recognised the Bidaram Krishnappa’s Sri Prasanna Sitarama Mandira as a heritage structure in view of its association with fine arts for more than 90 years.

Ganavisharadha Shri Bidarama Krishnappa was a well-known musician and vocalist who wanted to construct a venue and a temple dedicated to Sri Rama and made yeoman contribution to promoting the art and culture of Mysore.

Great artists like Muttiah Bhagavathar, Karaikudi Brothers, Palghat Rama Bhagavathar, Chembai Vaidyanatha Bhagavathar, K. Vasudevacharya, Tiger Varadachar, Ariyakudi Ramanuja Iyengar, Alathoor Brothers, Mysore T. Chowdiah, Musiri Subramanya Iyer, Madurai Mani Iyer, Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer, G.N. Balasubramanyam, Dwaram Venkataswamy Naidu, Papa Venkataramiah, T.R. Mahalingam, Prof. Mysore V. Ramarathnam, Smt. M.S. Subbulakshmi, D.K. Pattamal, M.L. Vasanthakumari, T. Brinda, T. Mukta and many other vidwans and vidushis have given soul stirring concerts in this hall. Muttiah Bhagavathar, while he was the court musician of the Mysore palace, also used to perform harikathas in this mandiram. Many old timers have remarked that no where have they seen the audience arriving three to four hours before a scheduled concert to enjoy the bliss.

I am hoping to see rasikas list details from each concert as days progress.

Venu

Post by Venu »

Good info. Thanks.

fuddyduddy

Post by fuddyduddy »

SSK - could u provide the song list of master balamurali krishna's inaugural concert?

SSK

Post by SSK »

I am in San Jose, CA USA. I am hoping some tech savy rasikas in Mysore will proivde the same for all concerts.

vganesh

Post by vganesh »

I still miss this place. The hall is only as big as it is shown in this picture. I used to enjoy this bliss when I was at Mysore. There is no words to describe the feelings. I say this is a place to visit for all music lovers.

SSK

Post by SSK »

Please remember to read the article on the Rama Mandira to be published in the April / MAy issue of the Sruthi magazine:
http://www.sruti.com/2008/sruti_magazin ... 008.php#hr

Naada Priya

Post by Naada Priya »

:( :( Very sad that I am not in Mysur to enjoy the feast....
I remember of those golden times which I spent, tasting the full length concerts at Bidaram...
The acoustics is awesome and the place is divine.