Abhishek Raghuram @Odukkathur Mutt, Bengaluru, SGBS Gokulashtami 2024 series, 23.08.24

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
sais72

Abhishek Raghuram @Odukkathur Mutt, Bengaluru, SGBS Gokulashtami 2024 series, 23.08.24

Post by sais72 »

Song list courtesy SGBS mailing list.

Abhishek Raghuram - Vocal
H M Smitha - Violin
Tumkur Ravishankar - Mrdangam
Guruprasanna - Khanjira

1. Valachi Vaachi--Navaraga Varnam
2. Sri Parvathi Parameshwaram--Bowli
3. Kuvalaya dala nayana--Naatakurinji
4. Nayakanayaninda--Thirupavai--Durbar
5. Paripalaya Saraseeruha lochana--Panthuvarali
6. Rama Rama Paahi--Devagandhari
7. Pralaya Payodhijale (Ashtapadi depicting first 5 avataras of dashavataram)---in 5 ragas and 5 nadais --
Nattai,Kapi,Hamirkalyani,shubhapanthuvarali and Ranjani (Main)
8. Brihadeeshwara Rakshatumam--Ganasamavarali
9. Sada yenna hridayadalli--Durbari Kaanada
10. Khelati Pindaande--Sindhu Bhairavi

Abhishek was in full flow, like watching an olympian at the top of his game. He displayed mastery over all aspects of carnatic music (compositions, ragas, laya), vocal music (3 octave singing, variety of voices), sound production. Very high energy, 3hrs+ concert. A musician at his prime, dedicated and improving everyday.

sais72

Re: Abhishek Raghuram @Odukkathur Mutt, Bengaluru, SGBS Gokulashtami 2024 series, 23.08.24

Post by sais72 »

A clip from the concert posted by SGBS trust - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D02cX-I5Ssg

rajeshnat

Re: Abhishek Raghuram @Odukkathur Mutt, Bengaluru, SGBS Gokulashtami 2024 series, 23.08.24

Post by rajeshnat »

Abhishek pantuvarali is one of a kind, once i heard some time back and i reviewed he sang ramanatham bhajeham and i think he did two neravals , that day with a racy alapana and a little slower krithi ramanatham must have been a different experience when compared to racy paripalaya saraseeruha. I am assuming that is the main krithi . I am also assuming kuvalaya in nattaikurinji may have shown a bit of MDR facet .

ONce Some time back i think i heard abhishek singing ragamaliga with a simultaneous change of nadais is a bit of a difficult thing to concentrate .

Hooray 3+ hours concert