meaning of sri chakra raja simhasaneswari ragamalika

Place to go if you want to ask someone identify raga, tala, composer etc or ask for sāhitya (lyrics) or notations or translations.
ravichitrapu

Post by ravichitrapu »

Can someone please give the meaning of the ragamalika -
Sri chakra raja simhasaneswari.
I tried in Google but did not find the meaning anywhere -
(one site gave it but it is in tamil).
Please give the meaning in english.
Thanks and regards.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

This is from hummaa.com

Sri laithambika Godess of all vedas, Godess of universe, I sang and danced your praise in many ways for the whole world to see. Please give me the boon to do so often. I was ignorant and suffered a lot. you made me to follow high morals in life, You helped me to make friends with great saints you followed me like a shadow and helped me to tide over my fears. You gave me pain and suffering to make me pure, you helped me to realize the meaning of my life. You taught me the pure love and I saw you dancing for me, I'm your slave ,please bless me

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Ravichitrapu - please use the search function - we've discussed this earlier (http://rasikas.org/forums/post65032.html#p65032). Be creative with the spelling when you search.

smala

Post by smala »

Pallavi:
SrI cakra rAja simhAsanESwari SrI lalitAmbikE bhuvanESwari

Salutations to dEvi, seated on the grand lion, also called lalitAmbikai (one for whom creation, manifestation, dissolution is a play) and bhuvanESwari (one who rules the universes).

Anupallavi:
Agama vEda kalAmaya rUpiNi akhila carAcara janani nArAyaNi
nAga kangaNa naTarAja manOhari
gnAna vidyESwari rAja rAjESwari

You are the manifestation of the religious scriptures and arts. You are the generator of all life forms in the universe. You are the beloved of Lord Nataraja - who wears the snake as an ornament on him (it could also mean that dEvi wears the snake as a 'kangaNam' i.e.,bangle). You are the repository of all learning and knowledge, O rAja rAjESwari!

CaraNam: 1
rAgam: punnAgavarALi

palavidamAy unnai ADavum pADavum
pADik koNDADum anbar pada malar sUDavum
ulaga muzhudum unnai agamurak kANavum
oru nilai taruvAy kAnjci kAmESwari

Devotees praise you in various ways through song and dance, celebrating you as they offer flowers at your feet. Grant that everyone in the entire world can visualize you in their hearts with deep understanding, O kAnjci kAmESwari!

CaraNam 2:
rAgam: nAdanAmakkriyA

uzhanRu tirinda ennai uttamanAkki vaittAy
uyariya periyOrgaL onRiDak kUTTivaittAy
nizhalenat toDar^nda mun Uzhk koDumaiyai nIngac ceidAy
nitya kalyANi bhavAni padmESwari

I was wallowing in sin. You changed me into a person of integrity. You led me to great souls and helped me associate with them. You eliminated the cruel fate which followed me like a shadow. You are really great, O, bhavAni, padmESwari!

CaraNam 3:
rAgam: sindu bhairavi

tunbap puDattiliTTut tUyavanAkki vaittAy
toDar^nda mun mAyai nIkki piRanda payanait tandAy
anbaip pugaTTi undan ADalaik kANac ceidAy
aDaikkalam nIyE ammA akhilANDeSwari

You threw me into the crucible of misery in order to make me blemishless. You also removed the delusion that followed me in order to enable me to understand the meaning of my birth and existence. You showered your love on me and made me see your glorious deeds. I seek refuge and surrender unto you, Mother akhilANDESwari!

....From chennaionline with slight changes...
Last edited by smala on 24 Sep 2009, 08:48, edited 1 time in total.

ravichitrapu

Post by ravichitrapu »

Thank you very much. special thanks to sri lakshman, rshankar and shyamapriya.
yes, i also found the earlier thread - i should have tried 2- 3 spellings.
i didnt find it previously.
thanks very much anyway. regards. ravi chitrapu.