Shanmukhapriya

Rāga related discussions
mahesh3

Post by mahesh3 »

One of the most beautiful ragams ever, a close relative to Simhendramadhyamam, with the following notes for arohana and avarohana: S R2 G2 M2 P D1 N2 S - S N2 D1 P M2 G2 R2 S

Perhaps I should start by referring to the wonderful Siddhi Vinayakam sung with a glorious alapana by Sri Bangalore Shankar, uploaded by Coolkarniji some months ago in the Vidwans thread.

I am following that up with a chaste renedition by Nedunuri Gaaru of Swathi Tirunal's monumental composition, "Mamava KarunAya" in shanmughapriya with a ringing neraval @ "Kamaneeya Susheela...". The great ones, LGJ & UKS accompany the master. Enjoy.

http://rapidshare.de/files/30782928/05_ ... a.mp3.html

Mahesh

Post by Mahesh »

Bale!!!!

I just finished listening to a RTP by our new Sangitha Kalanidhi designate, TNS. Wonder if I can post it here? It's *not* a commercial recording .. can one of the mods let me know please? It's from a concert in Bombay, 1975.

DrMrinalini

Post by DrMrinalini »

What about 'VaddanE vArulEru' - Tyagaraja's sole composition in this raga? Any audio clip of the same? I think Nedunuri garu has rendered this beautifully-remember hearing it long ago.

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

vaddanE vAru played by Lalgudi (From MIO)

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/DqO ... As1NMvHdW/

I remember hearing a great rendering of this song from Vid||R.N.Srilata in Seshadripura Rama Navami concert.

prashant

Post by prashant »

Interestingly, I was walking around Manhattan running errands today to the soundtrack of GNB's immortal RTP 'gAna lOla' with Lalgudi providing mind-blowing accompaniment. Finally I get back home and see this thread!

As I recall, KVN used to rarely delve into this rAgA save occasional flashes with siddhivinAyakam and AnDavanE. I did finally get a chance to hear an RTP of his which is beautiful. He has used a lot of flat notes, which when coupled with his beautiful voice, provides a wonderful effect. SSI's siddhivinAyakam was always a crowd-pleaser with brisk niraval and swarams. Nedunuri gAru's 'sayankAlE vanAntE' invariably opens with this rAgA.

Most of the popularly sung compositions are in Adi, rupaka or misra CApu [mAmava karuNaya]. Any adi - 2 kaLAi pieces?

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

prashant wrote:Any adi - 2 kaLAi pieces?
mAnamutO nannu of Mysore Vasudevacar- a beautiful kRti in 2 kaLe Adi. Although tyAgarAja has composed a pice(or is it 2?) in the rAga, this is to all purposes an Asti/sottu of MD. He developed the rAga with so many of his pieces for others to pick up and follow. Yes there was a change from cAmara to ShaNmukhapriya along the way, but the seed lies in cAmara only.

Suji Ram

Post by Suji Ram »

My favorite is marivERE dikkevarayya rAma-Patnam Subramania Iyer

Heard Srirangam Gopalaratnam sing this beautifully.

mahesh3

Post by mahesh3 »

Prashant, If you have the RTP by KVN, would you be kind enough to upload. Many thanks. Plus I am sure a non-commercial RTP by our SK desingate would be quite welcome...
Last edited by mahesh3 on 29 Aug 2006, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.

prashant

Post by prashant »

Dear Mahesh:

I have it but back home in India. If Coolkarni Sir does not beat me to it by the time I am back next week, will surely upload.

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

Prashanth
I will not beat you to the KVN Track.My mind is fully preoccupied with a magnificent effort by Kalyanraman-MSG combination and so I doing some editing work on it.Watch out for this space.

kartik

Post by kartik »

HMB's vallinayaga neeve is another lovely piece.I personally liked BMK's Omkara pranava varnam in shanmukhapriya.

mahesh3

Post by mahesh3 »

MSG is really something else...as an accompanyist, he makes the violin dance to his tune...

fantastic K-ji :)
Last edited by mahesh3 on 05 Sep 2006, 05:09, edited 1 time in total.

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

dear vgnr1 and other brothern members,
perhaps yet another addition to the long list of kritis in Shanmukhapriya.!! Could spare some time to view and listen to one of my Kritis in this glorious Ragam
The Pall.line "Marudaacalaa naayakaa ! maal
marugaa!! vel muruga !!! guhaa!!! shanmukhapriyanE(Marudaacala)"
Available at www.Karnatik.com
Ramaraj
Last edited by vageyakara on 27 Apr 2007, 06:59, edited 1 time in total.

somia nedungadi

Post by somia nedungadi »

shanmukhapriya is a majestic melakartha raga, elaborate raga alapana can be done in this.

meena

Post by meena »

RTP – Sanmukhapriya by sree mdr- msg

http://www.sendspace.com/file/k44ljv

shripathi_g

Post by shripathi_g »

knandago2001

Post by knandago2001 »

moorunaamagaLa by Bombay Sisters

http://www.badongo.com/file/2754878

pgaiyar

Post by pgaiyar »

To: Ms.Meena

May I kindly request you to upload the RTP in Shanmukapriya by MDR with MSG again?. God bless you.

Regards

P. G. Aiyar

thanjavur

Post by thanjavur »

Last edited by thanjavur on 27 May 2007, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.

meena

Post by meena »

pgaiyar wrote:To: Ms.Meena

May I kindly request you to upload the RTP in Shanmukapriya by MDR with MSG again?. God bless you.

Regards

P. G. Aiyar
I hope a mem. who d/l the track, will reu/l :)

prashanthi515

Post by prashanthi515 »

Lakshman Sir,
Could u please post a complete list of songs available in Shanmukhapriya
Thanks in advance
Prashanthi

pgaiyar

Post by pgaiyar »

To : Ms. Meena (MDR-RTP-Shanmukapriya with MSG)

Thanks. I will wait. In the mean time I request you again to upload this piece at your convenient time. God bless you.

Regards

P. G. Aiyar

thanjavur

Post by thanjavur »

pgaiyar wrote:To : Ms. Meena (MDR-RTP-Shanmukapriya with MSG)

Thanks. I will wait. In the mean time I request you again to upload this piece at your convenient time. God bless you.

Regards

P. G. Aiyar
Please see my updated links

http://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=46551#p46551

annapoorne

Post by annapoorne »

Can anyone post a rendition of GNB's " ParitApamu leka patita nA pai" in Shanmukapriya