Pandit Nikhil Banerjee

Classical Music of North India
kedaram

Post by kedaram »

Last weekend I was pondering over a purchase that I had been yearning for, for more than a month. A CD of the unasumming maestro Nikhil Banerjee. But amidst my meager internship budget and college fees for next year I've been trying to save everything that I have.

But that short interview Coolji posted on another thread sealed the deal. The number of times I must have listened to it in two days! At the end of which, I promptly went online and purchased the CD without any more reservations.

Abt the master. What can I say? The beauty of his recordings and his feeling for the notes are truly extraordinary..... Who else can make a note stay in the air for seconds and in the minds of the listeners for centuries. Sometimes it almost feels like he isnt truly playing for the audience but for himself and god alone. I feel the same way when listening to flute mali.

Not to mention I have a soft spot for his music ;) If not for particular track of his that I heard from a recomendation from a friend, I would have never migrated to this end of the forum that I enjoy and appreciate so much now.

In that interview, he himself mentioned Riyaz for 10-12 hrs a day. Do I need any more inspiration to practice every day?

Here is a picture for that I found after a google search. It is one for the ages.

Anyone else their experiences?

Last edited by kedaram on 27 Jun 2007, 07:34, edited 1 time in total.

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

magnificent photo.God Bless you !!
I Pray that He showers more Nikhil Tracks on this forum for you !!
:P
Last edited by coolkarni on 27 Jun 2007, 07:05, edited 1 time in total.

knandago2001

Post by knandago2001 »

Thanks so much for that lovely photograph of Pt. Nikhil Banerjee and Ustad Ali Akbar Khan in jugalbandi. Indeed, a thing of beauty is a joy forever! Thank you once again.

Kanti Dattani

Post by Kanti Dattani »

There is a great Jugalbandhi cd by Nikhil Banerjee and Ali Akbar Khan which is one of my favourites. The cd number is AMMP9405 Ragas Manj Khamaj and Misra Mand both about 22 minutes each. Most of my friends love this cd.

KD

Siddhesh

Post by Siddhesh »

I Loved that photograph thanks for sharing it.