MDR - Varnam - Kalyana Vasantham - lyrics

Place to go if you want to ask someone identify raga, tala, composer etc or ask for sāhitya (lyrics) or notations or translations.
chingan

Post by chingan »

Dear Sri.Lakshman
I heard that MDR has composed a Varnam on Kalyana Vasantham with the beginning "aNNalin AaNaiyai". If you have the notation kindly send it to my email id gavats@gmail.com. Also if there is any recording by MDR available in net.
Regards
Narasimhan

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

I don't know if it is by MDR. I just have the lyrics:

aNNalin ANai (tv). rAgA: kalyANavasanta. Adi tALA.

P: aNNalin ANai Endi annai jAnakiyait-tEDa alai kaDal kaDandAi anrE anjanait-tavap-pudalvanE
A: ashOka vanam azhittAi akSanai angE mAittAi lankaiyai kaDinderindAi iDargaLaik-kaLainderindAi
ittanai sheyal purindum irumArbE illaiyAnAi ettanai EttinAlum ayya nin nigharum uNDO
C: oppilA valimai peTrAi OduvOm undan nAmam

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Shouldn't it be 'aNNalin ANai' (the command of the supreme one) and not aNNalin Anai?

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Yes. It is a typo.

Nia Rmohan

Post by Nia Rmohan »

I was wondering,
whether it is possible to turn this varnam into a pada varnam.

It would make a beautiful pada varnam but it is only swarajathis and nothing else....

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

I found out that thuis varNa is by A.S.Panchapakesha Iyer.

shankarmeena

Re: MDR - Varnam - Kalyana Vasantham - lyrics

Post by shankarmeena »

Sir, would it be possible to give the complete meaning of the sahityam for this varnam?
Thanks in advance!
MS

hemaflute

Varnam - Kalyana Vasantham - Tuned by Sri. A.S. Panchapakesa Iyer

Post by hemaflute »

Annalin = lord Rama's ; AaNai= command ; Endi = carrying; Annai = mother; Thedi= searched; Alai kadal= The sea; Kadandhai= crossed; Anre = then; Anjanai Thava Pudalva = blessed son of Anjanai

Carrying Rama's command, you crossed the ocean in search of mother Janaki, Oh blessed son of Anjana (Hanuman)

Azhitthai= destroyed; maaitthaai= eliminated ; kadindu = angrily; erindaai = threw (should it be eritthai = burnt ??can someone clarify please ) IdargaLai = obstacles ; Kalaindu= removed ; erindaai = threw

You destroyed the Ashokavanam, killed the demon Akshan, destroyed (or burnt? ) Lanka and removed all obstacles.

Itthanai =So many ; seyal= deeds ; purindum = accomplished; irumaappu = ego/ vanity ; illai = absent ; etthanai = however much ; Aetthinalum- raise/ elevate ; Nin Nigar = equal to you ; uNdo = can there be ..

Even after accomplishing so much, you do not have any vanity(you are humble), however much we praise you, ( addressing Hanuman as Ayya) can anyone be equal to you !

Oppilla= incomparable ; valimai = strength ; petrai = obtained ; oadhuvom = let's chant ; undan = Your ; Naamam = Name

Let's chant your name, oh the one with incomparable strength !

(Disclaimer- I am not an expert in Tamil, will be happy to stand corrected)

hemaflute

Re:

Post by hemaflute »

Lakshman wrote: 11 Jul 2009, 23:11 I found out that thuis varNa is by A.S.Panchapakesha Iyer.
In his book ' Ganamrutha Varna Malika ' , Sri. A.S . Panchapakesa Iyer, has mentioned that this Varnam has been tuned by him.

balajij

Re: MDR - Varnam - Kalyana Vasantham - lyrics

Post by balajij »

The notations for this varnam are available at https://carnaticnotations.blogspot.com/ ... navasantha