Smt. Vishaka Hari

Carnatic Musicians
Jayashri

Post by Jayashri »

Dear all, I thought of starting a new thread on this great harikatha exponent. Her music and knowledge of Hinduism is so vast and profound. She has such a large fan following. Heard her program in Chennai last year and I must say I was transported to another place. I recently heard from my friend in Chennai that she was awarded for her contribution to music by a Cancer organization. If anyone has any details of this program or any of her future programs, please can you post it and let us know? Thanks

srinivasrgvn

Post by srinivasrgvn »

-
Last edited by srinivasrgvn on 28 Dec 2009, 08:57, edited 1 time in total.

Always_Evolving

Post by Always_Evolving »

Just a point of technicality: Vishaka Hari performs sangeetha upanyasam, an artform distinct from Harikatha. She is of course an extremely talented and inspired artist.

Gopalmurthi

Post by Gopalmurthi »

Smt Vishaka Hari gave a sangeetha Upanyasam "Vibhishana Saranagati" at The 'HUMSADHWANI', Channai on 1st March 2009. It was a wonderfull experience.

rbharath

Re: Smt. Vishaka Hari

Post by rbharath »

her interview on today's Metro Plus

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp ... 610305.ece

semmu86

Re:

Post by semmu86 »

Jayashri wrote: on this great harikatha exponent.
;( :@ oh no not again. Am puzzled as to how do we then address the truly great harikathA exponents !! What she does is everything apart from harikathA .. People will get to know what is really meant by harikathA only when they attend programmes of vidhwAns who really do "harikathA" .... Unfortunately whatever some poeple do, gets passed of as anything.