annamaya kirthis by lata mangesker

Music that is not orthodox Carnatic or Hindustani.
nittala prasad

Post by nittala prasad »

I came to know that TTD has produced Annamaya Kirthis sung by Lata Mangesker. Pl.let us know where can I get/download the same,

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

You may probably approach the TTD Centre in your nearest city (it's near Panagal park, Tyagaraja Nagar in Chennai).

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

This is from June 2009. May be this extra info will be useful when you talk to the TTD as srkris suggested.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 685020.cms

"...The Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanam (TTD) has embarked on a music project where Lata Mangeshkar would lend her voice to Sanskrit songs penned in praise of Lord Venkateswara by saint-poet Annamayya.

TTD Annamacharya project director Medasani Mohan said that they had already recorded the tracks and sent them to Lata and the recordings would be brought out as early as possible.
A team of in-house musicians have composed the songs according to the original ragas in which the songs were written. Initially Lata would sing seven songs and she may record three more.

Medasani Mohan said that this project has been taken up to preserve the Sanskrit songs written by Annamayya. The saint-poet’s Telugu songs are already recorded by TTD and other organizations."

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

It is IMO a very bad idea to ask Lata to record the songs. Her natural sweet voice is long gone and has become a highly artificial voice, she just croons in a high pitch and it is very distasteful to hear her sing.

I hope she wont accept the project. Let Annamayya rest in peace.

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

If there are fans who like to hear her sing ......

smala

Post by smala »

even fans must know her voice is not what it was ..

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

Aswini Bhide, Veena Sahasrabhude, or Gayatri, Ranjani would have been a better choice. But from the sales point of view. Lata would have been approached . gobilalitha
Last edited by gobilalitha on 25 Jan 2010, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.

musicfan_4201

Post by musicfan_4201 »

There was some discussion on 'is a sweet voice important'. The vidwat of the musician stands out. In that case why a different stand for lata !

Sam Swaminathan

Post by Sam Swaminathan »

srkris....I did not realise that there was already this subject in this section. I created a new one in the General Discussions based on a report from The Hindu recently. I would be grateful if you can please transfer that to here and delete it from the GD section. Thanks