Kumara Ettendra

Carnatic composers (other than performing vidwans)
vijay

Post by vijay »

The only snippet I have, other than his being the composer of the magnificent Gajavadana in Thodi, is that he belonged to the post trinity period. Can anyone shed more light? There doesn't seem to be much info on the internet

kmrasika

Post by kmrasika »

kumAra eTTEndra bhUpati if memory serves me right, is a royal composer and an subramaNya upAsaka. A sprinkle of his compositions are avaialble with notation in kr.timaNimAlai of rangarAmAnuja aiyyengAr's book. karuNAnanda (nIlAmbari - a vINA-vocal rendition of padmA varadan is available at: http://www.vipanci.com/music/music_player.php) is a popular composition of his.

prashant

Post by prashant »

IIRC karuNananda was also sung by Sri Shriramlumar in one of his vocal concerts in Chennai last year or thereabouts. A number of kumAra eTTEndra's songs incl. karuNananda are also listed in the SSP where he is referred to as kumara ettappa maharaja.

rbharath

Post by rbharath »

yes, Sri Shriram Kumar did sing it at some chamber concert, which i happend to listen live.

his mudra is 'kArtikEya' i think.. is it true?

vijay

Post by vijay »

Thanks for your responses

keerthi

Post by keerthi »

There is a beautiful song of the king - Nikhilaananda in Saveri, which Mysore Vasudevaachar would sing. It is in the SSP too.

srini mahalingam

Post by srini mahalingam »

maharajas comp in thodi gajavadana is being popularised by t.m.krishna. its a master piece. off late sandeep narayanan a rising star among the younger generation of carnatic musicians disciple of sanjay is also singing this kriti often

mohan

Post by mohan »

vijay wrote: the composer of the magnificent Gajavadana in Thodi
Apparently the chittaswaram for this song was Baluswami Dikshitar!

Sreeni Rajarao

Post by Sreeni Rajarao »

ShaDAdhAra tatva vinAyaka in SrI rAga is another kRti by this composer.