BMK, TVG, today at BVB

Concerts and other events related to CM.
Nick H

Post by Nick H »

... I think that now qualifies me to write headlines for the local paper!

BVB Golden Jubilee Celebrations at 6.05 followed by a concert with BMK accompanied by TVG and S Varadarajan at 7.30.

I'm sure it will be packed out with VIPs and other abbreviations. I don't think it is worth me driving all the way just to be in the crowd outside --- but anyone in Mylapore already might want to try!

sirsub11

Post by sirsub11 »

If BVB is Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, here is an item of interest to music lovers in the UK. Sanjay Subrahmanyan will be performing at BVB's London centre on Sunday, May 17th. He is accompanied by S.Varadarajan and Neyveli Venkatesh as part of a month long tour of Europe in May.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

If BVB is Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan
It was. But I blush to realise that I have become so Chennai-centric that I completely failed to see the necessity of mentioning that it was the Chennai branch of the institution presenting the concert.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Sirsub,
Thank you for the information. I heard that some had to miss his concert last year at BVB in London because it was a sold-out performance (not even SRO). Hope they can get in this time, if they are not traveling themselves...

Nick,
Blush not, thou art a dyed-in-the wool, dhoti-clad native now!