singing in good sruthi

To teach and learn Indian classical music
saramati

Post by saramati »

how does one sing in good sruthi. When heard without amplification, sruthi bedham is not so obvious, as while singing in the mike. Can we discuss on how to sing in chaste sruthi, please

chalanata

Post by chalanata »

best is to practice as much as possible that too with a tampuraa and with an eye on sruthi. pranayaamaa helps.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Dear b/s-member, saramati, As many of our musicians are always used to sing only ‘with Shruti’ but not ‘in Shruti’ singing in good Shruti is a million-dollar question in our Karnataka-music.
In general, in which way any person makes friendship with the un-known people approaching them through known people, even in getting acquaintance with Shruti, one should start singing only plain notes with consonant-notes of Shadja-Panchama, Shadja-Antara-gandhara, Shadja-Panchama-Antara-gandhara and Shadja-Shuddha-madhyama which mingle with each other. If you sing them first and let me listen to your singing I shall be able to guide you properly as there is much to explain in person than to write here. amsharma

tribute

Post by tribute »

I think anything is possible if you have a good guru.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Dear b/s-member, tribute, Every lady always dreams to marry a ‘very-good-husband’ and after the marriage it becomes inevitable to adjust herself with the available husband. This is also in case of a ‘good-guru’ by an aspirant. But the only difference is, in our Indianity, the lady cannot escape the misery which, some times, has to be kept in her alone until her life time. amsharma

srikant1987

Post by srikant1987 »

Can also be said of men looking for a good wife, I suppose ;)
Last edited by srikant1987 on 20 Mar 2009, 13:46, edited 1 time in total.

msakella

Post by msakella »

In our Indian tradition while men can escape of such misery lady cannot. amsharma