Course in rhythmology!

Tālam & Layam related topics
rshankar

Post by rshankar »

VK, and all other fledgling rhythmologits, check this out:
http://www.kutcheribuzz.com/news/200606 ... ersity.asp
They may offer correspondence courses!

On another note/beat, I really think that TMK did a great job with actual tracks as examples to illustrate his points, don't you think? He may be a good 'brand' after all.

Meena,
Can you recognize the dancers pictured? Neither looks like Leela Samson to me.
Ravi

meena

Post by meena »

one with tmk, does look like Ms. samson. The dancers i do not know, could be her students.

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Looks more like Delilah to me ;)

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

>VK, and all other fledgling rhythmologits

Hey, I like that title.. ;)

That is a good link. On a related point, I was listening to the Pazhani thani analysis that Cji gave us, there is a long sequence of niraval or kalpanaswara to demonstrate the beauty of Pazhani's unique sarva laghu playing. At the end of that sequence, the audience erupted into a cheer.. That is all nice, but the audience was most probably cheering the main singer. Since I was so focussed on the mridangam playing, I wanted all the cheer to go to Pazhani and it was an odd thing to realize that usually, other than the Thani, the audience takes the mridangist for granted and notice only if something is not right. It is hard for the audience to distinguish/appreciate between ordinary vs creative and innovative accomaniment. It takes a lec-demo to point all that out.