Kunnakudi Vaidyanathan

Carnatic Musicians
bahudari

Post by bahudari »

It is surprising to see that there is no thread in this section for this great artist.
I have seen him performing only on TV. His vibrant playing style, his trademark vibhuthi and kumkum, his facial expressions, the numbers of laya accompaists are something very unique. I request informed persons on this forum to share their knowledge about musical life.

semmu86

Post by semmu86 »

kunnakudi mama it seems passed away a day back??? it came as a shock to me as it is a really irrepairable loss to the musical world and personally to me for having known him for quite some time...

truely a great artiste

may his soul rest in peace

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Pl post your condolence messages @
http://rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6650
and do not start a separate thread...

bahudari

Post by bahudari »

Shocked by the sudden demise of the Kunnakudi mama, I was curious to find about him in Vidwans and Vidushis section of this forum.
Unfortunately, I could not find it and so started a new thread. I am aware that there is condolence thread
in the General discussions section. I was wondering if we could do a bit - like discussing about his
musical journey than just offereing condolences.

semmu86

Post by semmu86 »

am sorrry... was not aware that there was a seperate condolence thread

vallaki

Post by vallaki »

Very infectious enthusiasm... His music exudes Joy!!! (In the happy songs which I mostly listen to)
I am a huge fan of his music. The spirit with which he plays brings out his deep love for the instrument, a child like enthusiasm and joy.
Very often, I could not supress smiling or becoming happy when I listen to his music . I mostly avoid listening to the melancholy songs of his.just as a policy, as In my mind, I always percieve him as a happy jolly musician. (Same with Rajesh vaidhya- I understand some of you may not draw that same comparison)

You can watch his videos on You tube, and hopefully , many will agree with my view on his enthusiasm, energy and Joy!!!

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

I like your attitude towards music, vallaki. Quite a refreshing change to the sometimes high-brow attitude a lot of us rasikas take.

Suji Ram

Post by Suji Ram »

KV was indeed my launch pad for getting involved in CM

venkatakailasam

Kunnakudi Vaidyanathan violin

Post by venkatakailasam »

I made a search..I could not find a thread for the artist under Vidwans and Vidushis..

concert 259-Kunnakudi Shri Vithiyanathan
His remembrance Day..to day 08-09-2014
Listen at:

http://myblogkumara.blogspot.in/2014/07 ... rt-ix.html

Concert details:
01-mallari-gambira_nattai
02.Okapari-Okapari
03-baNTurIti_koluviyavayya-hamsanAdam
04-RTP-ShaNmugapriya_RAgamAlike
05-Mutthaitharu_Patthitthiru_ThiruppugaZh-ShaNmugapriya-MangaLA

rajeshnat

Re: Kunnakudi Vaidyanathan

Post by rajeshnat »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T2E8yzUyfs
Mannil Intha kAthalanri - SPB- Illayaraja.

In the above link kunakkudi vaidyanathan plays the famous spb-illayaraja song mannil intha kaathalanri in breathless fashion . Just few questions for few violin vidwans here etal .....
@violinlover @ajaisimha @satvio09
1. Is that clip where kunnakudi playing breathless starting 01:20 a fake ?

2. Is it some thing very easily by few vidwans/vidushis like you and you just did not try this that is all to it. I am assuming MSG , LGJ,MC,AK can do zillion things more than him and even vidwans of today like you can easily do it . Is that a fair statement.