Thiruvadi Charanam Endru Naan Nambi Vandhen-Gopalakrishna Bh

Carnatic composers (other than performing vidwans)
kannan1940

Post by kannan1940 »

The above song has been very popular with Madurai Mani Iyer singing it in many of his concerts. In the recent days, I have come across this song, sung by Ranjanai & Gyathri. Lyrics in this song is thought provoking. Especially the lines- marupadiyum karuvadaiyum kuzhil thalli-varuthapadutha vendam endru-un thiruvadi saranam endru naan vandhen- But this song is not popular among the present day vidhwans and I have not heard it from Mr TVS also, disciple of Madurai Mani. Is there any special reason that this particular song is not rendered by the vidhwans. Will anyn one clarify and throw light

mohan

Post by mohan »

I think Musuri Subramania Iyer popularised this song - his neraval in this song was quite famous. It is still rendered. In recent years I have heard people like OS Thiagarajan, Sanjay Subrahmanyan and Gayathri Venkataraghavan sing it during concerts.

kannan1940

Post by kannan1940 »

Thank you Mohan-

baboosh

Post by baboosh »

mohan wrote:I think Musuri Subramania Iyer popularised this song - his neraval in this song was quite famous. It is still rendered. In recent years I have heard people like OS Thiagarajan, Sanjay Subrahmanyan and Gayathri Venkataraghavan sing it during concerts.
In Sangeethapriya website Mr.Vasu has uploaded the song rendered by MSS.I have heard her sing on a number of occasions.Also some disciples of Musri like TKGovindarao and others might have sung

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

In one of the write ups about the friendship between Smt. Nani (Narayani) Mahadevan and Smt. MSS, there is a description of how a call from Smt. Nani came when Sri Musiri was teaching the latter 'tiruvaDi SaraNam', and Musiri decided to call it a day because he was sure that the friends would not get done for a LONG time!

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/thsc ... 17/&prd=fr

Vocalist

Post by Vocalist »

Maybe this thread could be merged with the Gopalakrishna Bharathi thread?

jeevagv

Post by jeevagv »

Pratyaksham Bala

Re:

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

Vocalist wrote: 19 Mar 2008, 19:12 Maybe this thread could be merged with the Gopalakrishna Bharathi thread?
Mods:
This thread may be merged with --
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1076&p=252616#p252616