songs on lord ayyappa. ayyappa season song by ramaraj athee

Concerts and other events related to CM.
gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

ayyappa season is in full swing . year by year lakhs and lakhs of people from all the 4 southen states and also from mumbai become new devotees .songs on ayyappa in malayalam and tamil rendered by jesudoss, jayachandran and veeramani fill the air , but one particular song which is yet to gain popularity is HARI AMSANE HARA VAMSANE HARI HARA SUTANE AYYANE MEYYANE, brilliantly composed by k ramaraj (vageyakara) in the raaga ratipatipriya in which only very few songs are availble , the everpopular jagajjanani being an.example the unique beauty of ramaraj's song hari amsane is the atheetha eduppu of it and the captivating melody of if. smt. rajee gopalakrishnan sings it often in many of her performances .how I other top ranking musicians follow suit.. the song has been posted in karnatica.com gobilalitha

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Indeed! The song is quite captivating in Rajee's magic voice. I hope Ramaraj will also enlighten us on the subtle features that he has woven into the kriti and also the finer points about this raga!

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

SwamiyESarNam Ayyappa !!!
While meditating upon the lotus feet of AYYAN and his atheeta avataram It naturally took my mind towards his MOhanaswarupam consisting of
HARI and HARAN .Any human creation is generally supposed to inherit the amsa of the Mother and Parampariyam is always decided by the Pithruvargam .Here hari (vishnu ) and Hara( Shiva) formed the grand communion and the off shoot has resulted in an atheeta avataram.
That 's the reason why I choose to begin the kriti with atheeta eduppu.
The ragam RATHIPATHIPRIYA ITSELF SYMBOLISES the Mohini-Shiva communion.When a great composition emerges from a devotee such salient features get fixed in their natural positions.And it is for the discerning rasikas to enjoy abd get elevated to the state of exaltation.
Since I am the foremost rasika of my composition I had the temeriity to dwelve upon the musical aspects too in a humble way.EXAMPLE:-
The first word HARI- IN (PALLAVI)it self starts with swaraksharam
Sa REE ga pa nEE(hamsaneY
Anupallavi KaruNAntangarangam (Gari nEE Pani Sa)
Saranam-BhavarOha PA SA dhi bhandha( pasa S.Aksh)
tavakkolan e (NEY-S.Aksh)
And the fitting finale comes in the weaving of raga mudhra yuvaRATHIPATHIPRIYA raga mohana Hariamsaney
I atribute all the above to god"s ORDAIN
Rasikas would do well to listen to other songs of mine in praise of Lord Iyappa.
Ramaraj .

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

I request dear CMLovers to visit the vageyakaras thread( K.Ramaraj) of our forum - A seperate c;olumn -listing the songs on Lord ayyappa.
Ramaraj
Last edited by vageyakara on 29 Nov 2007, 08:24, edited 1 time in total.

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

Hallo CMDevotees ,
SHABHARI GANA LAHARI is the segment of vageyakara thread of our forum in which about seven or eight songs are posted
Ramaraj

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

Dear CML jind other devotees,
As u have rightly said ,sow.Rajee's mellifluous voice , her rendering with the dedication and un flinching involvement have all added l togather for the enhanced divine feeling one would have .Some of the other Ayyappa Songs of mine sung so beautifully by Raji Are.(1) THIRUVULLAM IRNGADAA in Hamsanandhi and (2)makara jyothi divya dharishaname in the raga Kamavardhini
Ramaraj

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

well done Ramraj! I have no doubt that the song on ayyappa has come out of inner inspiration. My exposure to Ratipatipriya was through MMD singing 'jagajjanani' in his 'vengalakkural' :) This is the next song that has completely captured the mood of the raga with nice inspiring lyrics.
sharaNaM ayyappA

vageyakara

Post by vageyakara »

Thank u very much CML'ji for sharing the divine feeling emerged from the God given prasadam in the form of a kriti.Swamy sharaNam !!!All glories unto tjhe devotees of HIM
Ramaraj