Lyrics-Paluku Tenela Talli

Place to go if you want to ask someone identify raga, tala, composer etc or ask for sāhitya (lyrics) or notations or translations.
rtara

Post by rtara »

Hello everyone. javascript:emoticon(':)')I am new to this forum. I guess I will give you background on who I am. I am currently a high school senior and have been a student of Bharatanatyam for 12 years and I love the art form dearly. My question is about the padam Paluku Tenela Talli. It is in Telegu by St. Anamachariya. If anyone here knows this song can you help me with the meaning. The lyrics are bellow:
paluku tEnela talli pavaLi.nchenu
kalikitanamula vibhuni-galasinadi gAna

niganigani mOmupai nerula gelakula chedara
pagalaina dAka cheli pavaLi.nchenu
tegani pariNatulatO tellavArinadAka
jagadEkapati manasu jaTTigonegAna || paluku ||

ko.ngujArina merugu gubbalolayaga taruNi
ba.ngAru mEDapai pavaLi.nchenu
che.ngaluva kanugonala si.ngAramula dolaka
a.ngajagurunitODa alasinadigAna || paluku ||

muripeMpu naTanatO mutyAla malagupai
paravashaMbuna taruNi pavaLi.nchenu
tiruvE.nkaTAchalAdhipuni kaugiTagalasi
aravirai nunujemaTa a.nTinadigAna || paluku ||

It would be greatly appreciated. I would love to be able to dance this
piece.
Rachel :) :)

kiransurya

Post by kiransurya »

Pallavi:
paluku tEnela talli pavaLi.nchenu
kalikitanamula vibhuni-galasinadi gAna

paluku(words) tEnela(nectar) talli(mother)- This mother whose words/speech are like nectar pavalinchenu-sleeping, Kalikithanamula-handsome Vibhuni-Husband, galisinadhi gaana-She met
This mother/woman with very sweet voice and mannerisms is sleeping with her husband..
Charanam1:
niganigani mOmupai nerula gelakula chedara
pagalaina dAka cheli pavaLi.nchenu
tegani pariNatulatO tellavArinadAka
jagadEkapati manasu jaTTigonegAna (With a beautiful face that has a fleet of expressions, she slept untill dawn, she doesnt have any limilts as she is the heart throb of Lord Venkateshwara..)

Charanam 2: With very rose cheeks and eyes as big and beautiful as lotuses, she slept in a gold castle with the her husbadn who is the father of cupid( Here is the cupid is mentioned because, in General everyone thinks that Cupid is the God of love and sex. So, If Cupid is handsome and is the God of Love, what would his Dad look like?)

Charanam3:
She slept on a couch made of pearls, with Lord Venkateshwara. She snuggled herself into his embrace, the warmth of which has evapourated her as if she were a piece of camphor..

rtara

Post by rtara »

Thank-you so much!
Rachel :)

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

Are we sure this is by St. Anamachariya?

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

Are we sure this is by St. Anamachariya?
Absolutely

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

OK, great. Thanks.