sampradaya bajanai

History, religion and culture
kunnakkudybala

Post by kunnakkudybala »

Any concert we have a song on pillayar. we have a convention that to pray lord vigneswara before we start anything . But in bajan books i see two varieties. one starting with a slokam on vigneswara and in some with Lord Rama. which is correct ?

mohan

Post by mohan »

Some people start a bhajanai with a todaya mangalam then move on to songs on Ganesha, Guru, Saraswati and then other dieties.

The usual todaya mangalam begins "Jaya Janaki Ramana, Jaya Vibeeshana Sharana"

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Mohan,
There is another tODayamangaLam that all the vazhuvUr dancers start their mArgam with on gyAnasabhEsan...

kunnakkudybala

Post by kunnakkudybala »

Mr mohan, before 'jaya janaki ramana' we sing 'hari narayana'. In fact Udayalur Kalyanaraman begins his concert with 'rama rama rama'. Yesterday I had been to the 'Bhajan festival' held at Krishnagana sabha and attended a bhajan by Balaguru. he sings 'Praboganapathe' in the middle of his concert.

I would humbly say that i am teaching my students the sampradaya bajanai and they go for performing. Hence I had a doubt whether to start with a song/slokam on Ganesa or with Thodayamangalam.

sankarseenu

Post by sankarseenu »

Dear Madam,

Sampradaya Bhajan starts with Pundareegam, then "Hari Narayana" and the thodaya mangalam slokas" then Thodaya Mangalam. Instead of "Hari Narayana" some may sing "Rama Rama" or other small Nama smaranam.

I have some personal video collection of Madippakkam Raju Bhagavathar and Ramamoorthy Bhagavathar. I will try to upload somewhere and give the links to all.

You can try the following website.

http://www.bhajanasampradaya.com

Regards,
Srinivasan
Nigeria

kunnakkudybala

Post by kunnakkudybala »

I have seen this site. Only the lyrics of songs are there. Is there any audio uploads ?

kunnakkudybala

Post by kunnakkudybala »

I have heard that there is one more set of songs on Lord Muruga in the same tunes of Hari bajana ? I will be happy if anybody reply with regard to this in this forum.

kmrasika

Post by kmrasika »

Well, if you're interested, Giri Trading carries a comprehensive book on hari, hara, guha, ShrInivAsa etc bhajana paddhati.

sankarseenu

Post by sankarseenu »

kunnakkudybala wrote:I have seen this site. Only the lyrics of songs are there. Is there any audio uploads ?
I have the full set of sampradaya bhajan, first i need to convert into MP3 and they i will try to upload and give the links to you all.

I have the video also which will be uploaded soon for all of our members.

Regards,
Srinivasan

kunnakkudybala

Post by kunnakkudybala »

Thank you Mr Sankarseenu. I have heard about bajanai songs on Lord Muruga which can be sung in the same tunes of hari bajana baddathi. I don't get the lyrics.

ramapati

Post by ramapati »

In Sampradaya Hari Bhajana, we've Divya Namam, Radha/Sita/Rukmini Kalyanam. Most fascinating thing about them is the fact it covers many languages and states of India (from Sanskrit to Telugu, Tamil, Kannada, Hindi, Marathi etc.).

We have a book 'SRIMAD BHAJANAMRUTAM' in Telugu, Tamil and Kannada. And it covers almost all important Keertanas, Bhajans, and is a must in very house.

grsastrigal

Post by grsastrigal »

Continuing the thread, yest,today and tomorrow, Sampradaya Bhajan Mela is on in Udupi, near Mangalore. All the leading Bhagavathas are assembling there to participate in that. Interesting thing is- each segment of Sampradaya Bhajan is given to one Bhagavathar... Like Todayamangalam by Shri.Kovai Jayaraman, Guru Keerthanam by Sri.Rajamani Bhagavathar, Narayana theerthar by Shri Udayalur, Purandaradasar by Shri.Jayatheerthar, Ashtabadhi 1-7 by one, 8-12 by another and so on.... Interesting to visualise and fortunate of those who are there to witness this live !!!
Last edited by grsastrigal on 02 Feb 2008, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.

radheykrishnaa

Post by radheykrishnaa »

kunnakkudybala wrote:I have heard that there is one more set of songs on Lord Muruga in the same tunes of Hari bajana ? I will be happy if anybody reply with regard to this in this forum.
Radhey krishnaa
respected ji,

you are right. the bajans of lord muruga is also present and i am having it. It contains, sampradhaya, astapathi(muruga astapathi is called as geetha kaangeyam) dhivyanamam, dolotsavam etc;

In sampradhaya , thirupugal is playing main part.

like hari bhajan pooja sequence is also there, these details are completely given in sri.A.K. gopalan's bajanamrudham edition.

this book also contains the procedural guide to valli kalyanam.

Loga samastha sugino bhavanthu
raadhey krishnaa
vittal vittal
Last edited by radheykrishnaa on 21 Mar 2008, 18:46, edited 1 time in total.

gopalk

Post by gopalk »

sankarseenu wrote:
kunnakkudybala wrote:I have seen this site. Only the lyrics of songs are there. Is there any audio uploads ?
I have the full set of sampradaya bhajan, first i need to convert into MP3 and they i will try to upload and give the links to you all.

Regards,
Srinivasan
Can you share the download link for the audio / video?

Thanks,

-
Gopal

sreeram s

Post by sreeram s »

kindly let me know the lyrics of the song kodubega divyamathi sung by erode rajamani bhagavathar

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

koDu bEga divyamati, sarasvati is a purandara dAsa composition. I think it is part of our Wiki, thanks to Ramakriya.

hariharan

Post by hariharan »

The lyrics are given under. The composer is Purandaradasar.
This song is sung in Rag Saraswathy as also in rag Vasantha.

pallavi

koDu bEga divyamati sarasvati (koDu)

anupallavi

mrda harihaya mukharodayaLe ninnaya aDigaLi eraguve amma brmmana rANi
(koDu)

caraNam 1

indirA ramaNana hiriya sosayu nInu bandenna vadanadi nindu nAmava nudise
(koDu)

caraNam 2

akhila vidyAbhimAni ajana pattadarANi sukhavittu pAlise sujana shirOmaNi
(koDu)

caraNam 3

patita pAvane nI gatiyendu nambidE satata purandara viThalana tOrE
(koDu)

sankarseenu

Post by sankarseenu »

gopalk wrote:
sankarseenu wrote:

Regards,
Srinivasan
Can you share the download link for the audio / video?

Thanks,

-
Gopal
Please find below the link for first set of astapathi bhajan sung by our guri Brahmasri Lakshmi Narashima Bhagavathar

http://www.mediafire.com/file/13yajmyyjy2/A.mp3

kindly give me your feedback and i will load balance part soon.

regards,
srinivasan

vipanchee

Post by vipanchee »

Please find below the link for first set of astapathi bhajan sung by our guri Brahmasri Lakshmi Narashima Bhagavathar

regards,
srinivasan

--------------------

Dear Srinivasan,

Thank you very much for the upload of Ashtapati by Brahmasri Lakshmi Narasimha Bhagavatar. Could you please upload the other parts and any other bhajan by this great bhagavata? We had the fortune of inviting him to our home for one Saturday bhajan. A rare bhagavata with great scholarship!

Regards,

Ramakrishnan

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

Bhajana Ratnaakaram book published with lyrics both in Sanksrit and tamil is the one I can think of.
Whether it is available in internet, you may like to browse and find out.

sankarseenu

Post by sankarseenu »

vipanchee wrote:Please find below the link for first set of astapathi bhajan sung by our guri Brahmasri Lakshmi Narashima Bhagavathar

regards,
srinivasan

--------------------

Dear Srinivasan,

Thank you very much for the upload of Ashtapati by Brahmasri Lakshmi Narasimha Bhagavatar. Could you please upload the other parts and any other bhajan by this great bhagavata? We had the fortune of inviting him to our home for one Saturday bhajan. A rare bhagavata with great scholarship!

Regards,

Ramakrishnan
Dear Sir,

sorry for late reply, i can give his address and other details, his age is 90+, so we have to arrange somebody to go and pick him, i love to accompany, but i am in Ghana now, please send me a mail sankarseenu@yahoo.com, and i will give the details.
thanks and regards,
srinivasan

priya.padma

Post by priya.padma »

Recently i happened to listen to a namaavali starting with the words "jaya raghuveera" in raga punnakavarali in a divyanama bhajan. can any of you give me the lyrics?