Anahita-Apoorva@Music Academy on Dec 23rd, 2023

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

-----------------------------------------------------------
Vocal : Anahita and Apoorva
Violin : Kamal Kiran Vinjamuri
Mrudangam : Tippirajapuram Hari (I dont know his Guru would love to know)
Ghatam : Srinidhi Koundinya (Student of Sukanya Ramgopal and H L Shivashankaraswamy)

Concert Type : Non Nirvana - concert to follow , Non Ticketed concert
Day : Saturday
Duration -2 hours

Sabha/Hall : Music Academy TTK Hall
Time : 01 30 PM to 03 30 PM

01. I think I missed the first one fully
02. Innum enna vEnum solladi (?,S) - paras - OVK
4 mins swaras

03A. Githarthamu (R S T) - shuruTTi - T
9 mins alapana and 5 mins violin return
13 mins swaras
03B. Tani for 09 mins

04. RTP in three ragas Jyothi swaroopini , chandrajyothi and poornachandrikA
Pallavi line is in celebration of the recent success of Chandrayaan mission to moon
Pallavi —>>> Jyothi SwaroopanE chandra vandananE chandra dhAlanE???
aRulvAi varamtharulvAi poorna chandra

Swaras in Jyothi swaroopini , chandrajyothi and poornachandrikA and also with Ravi chandrika and chandrakowns
RTP was for 1 full hour with taanam for 9 mins

05. Mangalam kOsalendrAya

rajeshnat

Re: Anahita-Apoorva@Music Academy on Dec 23rd, 2023

Post by rajeshnat »

The concert hopping after last weekend continued again for me with three concerts in succession . Started with this wonderful sisters Anahita and Apoorva

One can say the most known siblings in today is raga sisters . In case of raga sisters , gAyatri musically soars so high and usually there is a significant noticeable catchup of Ranjani . With these sisters indeed Anahita is leading like Gayatri but Apoorva is indeed also doing very well not a catchup artist at all with adequate great ideas. Definitely they were presenting with more than adequate manodharma and certainly anchoring in intense sampradayam.

I was late may be I full missed the first number (some one can let us know). As I settled the paras was on, a tricky raga to disambiguate with quite a few cluster siblings and its parent maayamalavagowlai . I am assuming the sisters would have learnt this rare OVK number from their guru CHitraveena Ravikiran . The dash of swaras and the colloquial language usage of OVK came out to me as a madras bAshai krithi. This statement is only to justify that the glory of CM if applied right with chiselled words can go very well with even thamizh . Thamizh is not farce but with paras it shines so well

The main was jumped without neraval . Surati is very difficult ragam to be promoted as main . I would say in raga alapana there was quite a noticeable repetition but nevertheless they sang well . I was expecting with such a long alapana only this krithi. GItharthamu came out very well with really grand swaras with nice sampradaya affiliation. When Githarthamu is on I only think of MDR , the sisters were not in that zone of MDR.

The time was exactly 02:30 PM . The sisters decided this concert is all about moonshot 3 ragam Pallavi . The jyothiswaraoopini SKalyanaramish sangathis did come out well and the chandrajyothi was well done . The sisters took adequate turns, certainly vidushi Apoorva stepped up very well , she is not there as a supporting vocalist of anahita artist.Taanam was detailed with lot of verve with nice rotation and I think I did hear a 3rd raga more prominently which I could not recognise In Ragam and Taanam .The sisters announced the 3rd ragam sitter poornachandrika .

Pallavi line was nicely crafted with the Jyothi swaroopini and chandrajyothi taking lion share . Poornachandrika came out very well . In the swaras too much of rapid fire changes showed their vidwat, and they adding 4th and 5th moonshot of Chandra kaons and Ravi Chandrika was fantastic . I wish they did not give a mini tani again at the end of RTP but for 2 mins in clock that was perhaps their only strategy to close with the best musical moon shot case of excellence .

Kamalkiran is a joyful player with such a followup during course of song . There are flashes of Lalgudish Jayarraman in terms of return accuracy . Both the percussionists are new to me . Tipirajapuram Hari was playing so well understanding the song and singer no Thada Budhal rush of adrenalin . I dont know who is his guru kudos to such a good talent . The land of tippirajapuram had once a great Vidwan by name Srivanjiyam Mani Iyer , this is the first time I am noticing the name tiippirajapuram tag with any Vidwans and vidushi participating in intense carnatic . There are few great Sangeetha upanyasam artists from that Kumbakonam suburb hamlet but as such tippirajapuram Hari hopefully does very well . His tani was showcased with good spread with ghatam artists koundiya who also gave great support .

Anahita and Apoorva did very well planning with the moonshot RTP and I atleast liked it more than a format of overloading with excess krithis in a 2 hour concert. If there is a slip they also at times show their smile like raga sisters that means they have also learnt great stagecraft.

Overall an excellent concert for 2 exact hours
Last edited by rajeshnat on 24 Dec 2023, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

========For Whatsapp or FaceBook Forward ===================================
-----------------------------------------------------------
Vocal : Anahita and Apoorva
Violin : Kamal Kiran Vinjamuri
Mrudangam : Tippirajapuram Hari (I dont know his Guru would love to know)
Ghatam : Srinidhi Koundinya (Student of Sukanya Ramgopal and H L Shivashankaraswamy)
Sabha/Hall : Music Academy TTK Hall

GLICSPAWES 2023 "Goto Live Concert Show Patronage Without Excuses Series" concert #10 of 12 is done.

www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=381029#p381029

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Surutti has been handled as main twice by SrI Lalgudi @ KGS - gitArthamu and SrI VEnkata girISam, each in turn. Heard in published recordings.

NGS 2002 or 3 - Sanjay sang Surutti as main with bAlasubramhaNyam bajEham, doing neraval @ vElayuda dharam with Karaikudi Mani on Mridangam.

When real rAgAs - ;) - are being sung, it should be cause for celebration.

Also to expect MDR treatment from coordinating dualists is bit of a stretch. Instead, would like to know if they expressed brindAmmA's akArams, a trace of which can be seen in their singing here and there.