Girijashankar Sundaresan@DKJ foundation (ragasudha hall) on July 22nd, 2023

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

-----------------------------------------------------------
Vocal : Girijashankar Sundaresan
Violin : S Gokul
Mrudangam : NC Bharadwaj
Tambura : Two Tamburas

Concert Type : Nirvana concert
Day/Duration : Saturday /2 hours and 15 mins
Sabha / Hall : DKJ Foundation/ Raaga Sudha hall
Dedicated to. : assuming it Is the yearly homage - not sure

01.AnandAmruthA karshini(RS,S) - amruthavarshini - MD
swaras for 3 mins
02. rAnidhi rAdhu - manirangu — T

03. elarA shri krishnA (R,S)- KAmbOdhi -T
8 mins alapana and 5 mmins violin return
2 mins swaras

04. Devi brova samayammidhE - Chintamani -SS
05. Am I a playful tool - navarasa kannada - psivan

06A. Vidulaku mrOkedA (R N S T) - maayamAlavagowlai - T
9 mins alapana and 8 mins violin return
Neraval in kamalA Gowri vaagEsh for 8 mins
10 mins swaras
06B. Tani for 12 mins

07.kumaran taal -yadhukulakAmbOdhi - pisvan
08. sOdhanai sumaikku - kapi - psivan
09. Kanda naal mudhalAi - madhuvanti - NS chidambaram
10. Thilllana - taka janu tadheem -sundara Mohana reopen - mohanakalyani - LGJ
11. Nee naama roopamulaku

rajeshnat

Re: Girijashankar Sundaresan@DKJ foundation (ragasudha hall) on July 22nd, 2023

Post by rajeshnat »

It is Saturday evening after quite a long time I ventured to a live concert . Having heard a full live concert once in Madurai , Girijashankar continued to impress me with his extreme seriousness adhering to fundamentals of sahitya Bhavan with clever handling of raga Bhava without overdoing anything unnecessary . One has to also say that he kept his deep respect to Vidwans shri DK Jayaraman to that extent we have to thank RKSK and JV who were there to conduct this event.

There was a bit of drizzle when I just entered but as I went out it was bit pouring for atlest 20 mins . The respected Shri DKJ known for his wide repertoire came in first with his most beloved trinity -Dikshitar .

Amruthavarshini is a joy to hear even if there is rain or no rain. Girijashankar voice is melodic where he adheres bit aligned like a ramnad Krishnan or KVN to me. The Dikshitar Kristi was a great start with a sprinkle of swaras.Sprinkle and sudden stop is also a DKJ typecast who generally does not show very deep creativity in swara kalpana atleast in comparison to few of DKJ Peers or a half generation before Vidwans.

The next two were both rare uruppidis that DKJ must have mastered . The raa Nidhi is a typical T number which takes a place of #2 bit like evarani and he sang only the manirangu krithi very well. Stormbodhi was always calmbOdhi , there was few spots where his voice opened out . A rare krithi elara shree Krishna came out quite well .His swaras did start well but he ended with a sudden stop like sangathis.

Cintamani was really well done and the am I a playful toy - naanoru vilayaatu bommai was a very catchy number . How Papanasam Sivan gives a run for the money and kept benchmarking with trinity is the greatest gift for all of us and Girijashankar sundaresan stressed so well like in Kamakshi in cintamani and Amma Amma ecru in navarasa Kannada - some words have so much of classical music in it .

With KAmBodhi gone and with one prati Madhyamam in Chintamani gone , I got a lovely unexpected main . What a joy it is to hear maayamalavgowlai as main. I heard once the same kithi as main , the joy of a well sung maayamaalava gowlai keeps me so well grounded with my liking of CM. The neraval was leisurely with the right spacing of words -kamala Gowri vaaggeshri - such spacing for a fairly symmetric raga like MMG is a double joy and the regular symmetry of swaras did contribute for more to enjoyment . Swaras had the first half of his usual madhyamakaalam trajectory and in the second half he visited to the land of Semmanguudi- pa ma ga….

He had time and J V did egg him more to sing . HE asked any listeners request . I said RTP but I got a string of only pleasing thukkadas. The kumarantaal was not as impressive as sodhanai sumaikku. As some one requested kanda naal , Girijajshankar said I am not sure if DKJ has sung -and he sang the madhuvanti masterpiece. I am sure DKJ is happy as he must have adored SKR. Lalgudi thlllana in mohanakalyani did suit his voice and his general style and that must have made Vijayanthi Mala Baali - the actress and dancer bit more happy.

VS Gokul showed a very matured play since the last time I heard. He did overshoot in proportion in maayamaalavagowlai was the only notable minus. He had very good azhuttam and sampradaya Suddham .

NC Bharadwaj a recent UKS student but his first guru is sriram whose guru was Karaikudi mani. Some contrasting speed patterns in cintamani was very KMish, he did lift the concert with his density of strokes.

Girjjashankar is my distant relative and I may be one of the rasikas who attended even their parents marriage . I can atleast say in my lifetime bit later in my life to some one that I knew there will be one son that will be born to a couple who will be a great promising musician , but before that bit more vocal muscle will help him to command more attention. I think there was some krithi had some Anjaneya line was mmg krithi vidulaku forgot now . Watch out for this musician he does not fall in the fancy that I am young and I can go with the latest fashion of CM , instead he sings as though he has learnt directly from a great teacher like DKJ.

Overall an excellent concert for 2 hours and 15 mins

rajeshnat

Re: Girijashankar Sundaresan@DKJ foundation (ragasudha hall) on July 22nd, 2023

Post by rajeshnat »

========For Whatsapp or FaceBook Forward ===================================
Girijashankar Sundaresan@DKJ foundation (ragasudha hall) on July 22nd, 2022
-----------------------------------------------------------
Vocal : Girijashankar Sundaresan
Violin : S Gokul
Mrudangam : NC Bharadwaj
Tambura : Two Tamburas

GLICSPAWES 2023 "Goto LIve Concert Show PAtronage Without Excuses Series" concert #4 of 12 is done.

www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=379823#p379823