Pibare Krishna Rasam - July 16th 2023 (Sunday)

Concerts and other events related to CM.
cienu

Pibare Krishna Rasam - July 16th 2023 (Sunday)

Post by cienu »

16TH JUL 2023-SUNDAY (10 AM ONWARDS)
PIBARE KRISHNA RASAM
BHARATIYA VIDYA BHAVAN
ALL ARE WELCOME

On July 16th 2023 (10 am), students of Smt Sumitra Nitin's "Natyasruti" shall present "Pibare Krishna Rasam" which explores Lord Krishna’s life as seen through the eyes of some of India’s greatest composers and poets. The choreography, as explained by Smt Nitin is a thematic representation of Krishna encompassing His journey from a toddler to "Paramatma". This program is being held under the auspices of "Kartik Fine Arts".

My daughter S Saundarya too shall be a part of this lovely presentation. All are welcome.

I request all rasikas to attend this dance presentation which is sure to leave you spell bound.

arasi

Re: Pibare Krishna Rasam - July 16th 2023 (Sunday)

Post by arasi »

Cienu,
I saw this performance in Bengaluru and was drawn into it from start to finish. Old is gold, but this new generation production simply sparkled. It had many moving moments for me. Excuse me, that's what this work which has had its source from the music in the family evokes. Like a family heirloom, it was taken up lovingly by the next generation and has been given a new vista and vision to suit the times.

Sujatha Vijayaraghavan was inspired and was encouraged by her/our uncle VVSadagopan in getting on stage Pibare Krishna Rasam at a very young age in Delhi. Needless to say, her parents Ananthalakshmi and P.Sadagopan were a rich source of encouragement to her. Now, her daughter Sumitra Nitin, besides her own gift in music and dance--with the inspiration and skill that she has gained from her outstanding guru Rhada, has brought to stage this spirited piece of work. All her young students perform beautifully. We at Rasikas know one of them well: S.Saundarya for her music (with her sister Aishwarya).

I do hope a few rasikas among us get to see this performance. The singing is excellent too, not a surprise because Sumitra's music students are as good as her dance disciples.
If it's streamed, I want to catch it again!
Best wishes to all on stage :)

cienu

Re: Pibare Krishna Rasam - July 16th 2023 (Sunday)

Post by cienu »

Thank you so much Arasi for your wonderful post.
Kindly find below the review of the program which appeared in Friday Review of "The Hindu"
https://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/ ... 119778.ece