Modumudi Sudhakar and Anjana Sudhakar@NaadaInbam on Sept 06th,2022

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vocal : Sudhakar - Modumudi and Sudhakar - Both from Vijayawada
Violin : Pappu Gyan Dev
Mrudangam : K Aravind - From vijayawada

Concert Type : Nirvana - no concert to follow
Day/Duration : Tuesday/ 2 hours and 15 mins - 06:30 to 08:45 PM
Hall : RAgasudha Hall
Sabha: NaadaInbam
Occasion : Dedicated to Tiruvenkadu Jayaraman

1. viribOni -varnam - bhairavi - Pichmarriyam Adiappa
2. vAthapi (RS,S) - hamsadhwani - MD
5 mins swaras

3. SAdinchanE (RS)- Arabi -T
4. mariverE gati (R) - anandabhairavi - SS
2 mins alapana and 1 min return
5.paridAnammichittE (R,S) - bilahari - Patnam
r4 mins alapana and 3 mins return
5 mins swaras

6. appa rAma bhakthi (R)- pantuvarAli -T
4 mins alapana and 3 mins return
7A.rA rA rajeeva (R S T) -mohanam - MV
5 mins each for alapana and violin
swaras for 7 mins
7B. tani for 9 mins

8. Ramachandunithidu - DwijAvanthi - Annamacharya
9. thillana - dhanasri -ST
10. shree mahalakshmi - madhyamavati - ???

Review Follows in next post

rajeshnat

Re: Modumudi Sudhakar and Anjana Sudhakar@NaadaInbam on Sept 06th,2022

Post by rajeshnat »

Andhra based musicians performing in chennai is quite limited(not talking about telugu native madras domicile artists) . IN the historic past legends like voleti and Nedanuri established big time . Quite recent among the vocalist i would humbly say that Pantula rama is most establshed musically to me. Musically i used to like say manda sudharani(thought she has to have far more musical opportunities).Sabhas like sarvani sangeetha sabha have given more chances to Andhra based artists.Naada inbam conducts atlleast 150 concerts per year so that there is a good spread, some that easily not reachable artist are featured which is good news for all in chennai . The newspaper stated that Anjana Sudhakar from Vijayawada is slated to perform, i assumed may be she may be quite like manda sudha rani

The curtains were not up when i arrived just few minutes before official start. I heard a male voice too, i was wondering like the name Ramani where there is male and female ,by any chance will anjana also be like Ramani. As curtains went up the male artist announced that he is singing along with his wife Anjana , Anjana has a not cooperating throat. I thought then will Male - Female combo suit my taste,even DKJ-DKP or some semmangudi-MS amma singing did not suit as there was too much of fluctuation of shruti. But the concert was surely well done . The male artist did not announced his name ,googling i found he is Modumudi Sudhakar

The start in bhairavi was a neat paatu class rendition, just getting bhairavi without any risk taking . IT is a joy to hear vathapi. 95 out of 100 concerts no one sings vathapi as it is almost like a submain. Almost Male sudhakar was leading and for significant occassion Anjana was just waiting for her throat to cooperate so that indeed suited my taste .After a rare hamsadhwani of MD , what a joy to hear a sparkling pancharathna in Arabi. One has to give it to Sudhakar who kept up with the rhythmmic leash well , in any case Sadhguru created enough quick turns,there is no way to sag in pancharatna in atleast Arabi. The Third trinity was a cute Anandabhairavi the raga alapana was so short , i wish both elaborated aananda bhairavi bit more . SS krithi marivere always reminds me the srinivasa from semmangudi and they sang well with more krithi anubhavam

The quick turn of bilahari was quite risky for the better half wife's throat , Bilahari was quite well done , swaras were crisp . I think some where in either this or previous krithi anjana was singing almost in tandem. Fragmentation was felt by me when there was pantuvarali and mohanam in succession, i felt one of them could have been dropped and that time could have been apportioned to the other. I likde rA rA in mohanam bit more then pantuvarali which was just pass.

The tail swing had some distinct kongura flavour with a dwijavanthi copper plated annamacharya that had bit more folkish then the usual say most popular akhilandeshwari. The dhanasri tillana was quick closure , they surprised with a shree mahalakshmi words in madhyamavati mangalam. I think this is not a krithi but bit more like mangalam kosalendraya

The Violinist Pappu GyanDev is the student of Pantula rama , he takes the bow out which is fine and he played well and was crisp suiting the artist limited manodharma . The Mrudangist volume of right was not that high through out, He played with lot of patterns but i could have heard it better. Aravind tani was faithful continuation to suit the mood of mohanam that was set by the couple

Hopefully next time Anjana based out of vijayawada is surely blessed by Goddess Kanakadurga before she performs in Goddess Karpagambal concert venues. I am assuming the sponsors are related to tiruvenkadu jayaraman,who is mmi disciple.The concert i assume has no footprint of dedication to tiruvenkadu jayaraman numbers.

Overall a good to very good concert for 2 hours and 15 mins
Last edited by rajeshnat on 10 Sep 2022, 14:41, edited 1 time in total.

rajeshnat

Re: Modumudi Sudhakar and Anjana Sudhakar@NaadaInbam on Sept 06th,2022

Post by rajeshnat »

========For Whatsapp or FaceBook Forward copy below text ===================================

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vocal : Sudhakar - Modumudi and Sudhakar - Both from Vijayawada
Violin : Pappu Gyan Dev
Mrudangam : K Aravind - From vijayawada

Review is in below link
www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=377427#p377427