Aditya Prakash@Vanimahal On Mar 31st,2022

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

----------------------------------------------
Vocal: Aditya Prakash
Violin : Sayee Rakshith
Mrudangam : Sumesh Narayanan
Ghatam: S Krishna
Tambura :

Concert Type : Nirvana - Non Ticketed concert. No concert to follow
Day/Duration : Thursday/ 18: 30 to 20 :30 pm
Hall : Vanimahal Main Hall
Sabha : Sri Thyaga brahma gana sabha

01.brOva samayamidE ramayya(NS,S) - gowri manOhari - garbhapurivAsar
brief neraval in 2 mins
5 mins swaras for few rounds
02. varAlandu kommani (R)- gurjAri - T
3 mins
03. hecharikagA rArA (R,N) - yadhukula kAmbOdhi - MD
6 mins alapana and 3 mins violin return
neraval for 6 mins

04. rAma rAmakali - rAmakali - MD
05A. pakkala nilabadi (R N S T) - kharaharapriya -T
12 mins alapana and 7 mins violin return
neraval for 7 mins in manasuna dalaci mE maraciyunnArA
swaras for 11 mins
05B.tani for 18 mins

06. rAma jogi (taanam) - khamas - BR
07. nee nama - sowrashtram -T

rajeshnat

Re: Aditya Prakash@Vanimahal On Mar 31st,2022

Post by rajeshnat »

Vanimahal is chennai T Nagar side Pride for sure. They keep concerts fairly consistently even during non season period. Of late i see rajalakshmi institutions is sponsoring that is great . In Dec 2021 concert series i thought i can cover atleast 8, I called then my series as "Goto LIve Concert Show PAtronage Without Excuses Series" (GLICSPAWES 2021 for short) . Last concert i went to abhishek , i said then 6 done 2 more to go. But i did not go to 7th concert. 8 in a season for live concerts is not a great high number , but what can one say what Covid did to each of us, patronage in live concerts is dwindling much more rapidly in post covid time. Hopefully this will go away

Concerts in chennai is surely coming out of the damn covid shipwreck .A week back i wanted to attend suryaprakash concert in vanimahal on papanasam sivan , then a day back in the same vanimahal k gayatri, both missed it due to work calls in evening . Then i thought come what may i was eyeing for Mar 31st either Trichur brothers in kapali temple or a brinda manickavasagan which had a 6 pm start (O gosh i may get 30 mins extra as it is 6pm), but work and commute killed mylapore bavani . The newspaper advertisement for vanimahal published the concert singer as Ashwath narayanan. I thought let me hear the great KVN with ashwath and i went to vanimahal.

As i entered may be 5 mins start , i heard a different voice . THe song already started i thought he was just singing keeravani . But as i looked up in the dias , i saw Aditya Prakash. A person seated next to me asked who is this singer with also a lady asking me the same , i said he is aditya prakash. Then one of them asked me have you heard aditya this is the first time i know of him . I said - Yes i know aditya prakash i have heard him once . That once review is in the jungle here , i immediately recollected 3 things of that distant concert just as a flash of memory- Aditya then sang RTP in kannada , then he sang a pakkala nilapadi then i also recollected sumesh narayanan was the mrudagist the concert was in Los Angeles , California.

Aditya Prakash having learnt from PSN, Sugandha kalamegham , Muralikrishnan ROse is in recent years learning also from TMK and RKSK. He has a well grounded male sareeram and his diction is also great. As the first song got on , i realized that My guess of keeravani was indeed wrong and i corrected in my head that Aditya is singing gowrimanohari

Aditya's gowrimanohari was well done with excellent support from coartists. The swaras were well done one can see the semmangudi paadanthara suddham there. Then he started a rare song , the lady said maayamalavagowlai ,the contours were smooth . I told the lady after the song began with the words varAlandu that it is some janya of mmg . I forgot then the janya raga name though i knew the song was not MMG , aditya sang crisply and announced gurjari.

The vani mahal backdrop of the stage stated rama navami and hence it was all on raama . What a keyword is raama,and what a composer is the prime devotee of rama ,the great sadguru thyagaraja. What a ragam is yadukulacalmbodi, adhukkula ettana calm sangathis. Aditya sang beautifully the yadukulacalmBoDhi ragam and with that the pristine krithi heccarika . I just go gA gA gA with this song , a cute neraval was just up and down but still great.

Then the most analytical vaggeyakkara with his rama phrase indeed came in with a rare raga. I have had good recollection about few decades back when i was seated once with the brilliant musicologist and vaggeyakkara when i heard this ramakali krithi of Deekshitar . Dr srivastava the musicologist was next to me when suryaprakash sang this ramakali. Then i think i heard the same ramakali with TMK and very recently with RK Murthy in one academy . What a krithi is this ramakali , bit of dhrupad like feel it tugs your heart right away with a dose of lovely cittaswara

Next came the main. Nice alapana though rationed . I was thinking let him not sing pakkala nilabadi as i heard him once in LOs angeles. But the same song indeed came in again. Aditya sang very well, lovely phrasing with nice aural curves to indicate the viswa raga swaroopam of melakartha 22. Nice neraval and a lovely swaras . Tani was well done though i did not pay that much atttention as vanimahal kicks in with excess AC.

Last kamas had a taanam , he did well but could have gone more . Aditya was a very obediant vidwan and he wrapped up 2 mins before time. The mrudangam artist Sumesh played very well . He had planned a very nice rotation with a lot of share given to ghatam vidwan S Krishna. The pick of the four was unquestionably the young sayee rakshith. He played very well with extraordinary azhuttam and carnatic raga bhaavam. Kanyakumari students are all Kashmiri files , we have to watch out for sayee rakshith, he is really star in the making.

Vanimahal has to have 2 and half hours concert not 2 hours concert , this crib is there even before covid , i hope they give more time to artist. As i walked out i saw the banner that upto April 10th there is programs, i took the notice to see Prince rama verma is featured next but the next 9 days it is ramayana upanyasam. I prefer chennai to have 15 day series with 3 days of upanyasam , not a 15 day series with 3 days of carnatic kutcheri. All said i was very very happy to hear this brilliant Aditya Prakash. (Attn @Sachi_R , is Aditya Prakash settling in Chennai)

Overall a very good to excellent concert for near 2 hours .

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Rajesh, sorry, I don't know. But Aditya is a global citizen and performs with many different ensembles in a variety of roles worldwide. He has told me his first love is the pucca Carnatic concert.

His coming under the TMK umbrella is a good thing.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Sachi_R wrote: 02 Apr 2022, 19:27 Rajesh, sorry, I don't know. But Aditya is a global citizen and performs with many different ensembles in a variety of roles worldwide. He has told me his first love is the pucca Carnatic concert.
You ask him to settle in chennai joining the third LA Lakers team of Sandeep Narayan and Ramakrishna Murthy. Great balance and hope his different ensembles does not dilute his first love.....

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

I am SURE he has a home already in Chennai
His sister Mythili Prakash is a top Bharatanatyam dancer. So no sense in living elsewhere than Chennai except their family interests are all in USA
So they must be shuttling. I am also sure they connect with all their contemporaries in Chennai ALL THE TIME.