siyapathi ramachandra ki jai - HH Haridoss giri

History, religion and culture
VK RAMAN

siyapathi ramachandra ki jai - HH Haridoss giri

Post by VK RAMAN »

Here is the youtube version of HH Haridossgiri rendition. I seek your help in getting the lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wetCHVkElQU

VK RAMAN

Re: siyapathi ramachandra ki jai - HH Haridoss giri

Post by VK RAMAN »

Anyone who can help me?

krishnaa

Post by krishnaa »

VKR,

this same bhajan has also been rendered by Pt. Bhimesen Joshi. I cannot get all the words, but if you want, I can put the lines that I undertsand.

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

Please do krishnaa.

krishnaa

Post by krishnaa »

Soory for being so late VKR ji... here are the lyrics... translation shall follow soon...

suna suna sAdho ji, rAjA rAma kaho ji
bhAva bhakti ka bhUkhA sAIn juga jugata nahi pave
bhagata bhUl gaye rAma divAne nija pada vAko deve
vyAdha kya AchAra kiyA tha dhruv ki umar thoDI
gajendra kaha vidya paDHA tha sAg vidura ki thi kuDavI
kyA mardami ugrasena ki sUrata kyA kubje ki
dhan bhArI se rAma milata nahi dAne sudAma ji ki
kahata kabIra suna bhAi sAdho rAma milat hai bhakti
jantara mantara laTapaTa hove rAma bhajan se mukti

the chorus that has been followed in the video is:
siyApati rAmacandra ki jai
rAdhApati kRSNacandra ki jai
gauripati candacUda ki jai
pavanasuta hanumAna ki jai
tapobala gyanananda ki jai

i understand tht Sri gyanananda ji was his guru.

Hope it hepls... will put up the translation soon... once again sorry for teh delay.. :)

krishnaa

Post by krishnaa »

here is the translation:

suna suna sAdho ji, rAjA rAma kaho ji
Listen! Listen! (suna suna) O saintly folks! (sAdho ji) speak/recite/chant (kaho ji) the name of the jubilant king (rAjA), Sri rAmacandra!

bhAva bhakti ka bhUkhA sAIn juga jugata nahi pave
bhagata bhUl gaye rAma divAne nija pada vAko deve
That Lord (sAIn) is only hungry (bhUkhA) for love and devotion (bhAva bhakti). This love and devotion cannot (nahi) be attained (pAve) even after millions of aeons (juga jugata) pass.
[i cannot understand the next line... :) ]

vyAdha kya AchAra kiyA tha dhruv ki umar thoDI
gajendra kaha vidya paDHA tha sAg vidura ki thi kuDavI
[From here onward, kabir dAs ji mentions various instances where the Lord has been pleased through devotion and gives examples where every other quality is surpassed infront of love for the Lord]
What(kyA) good activities (acAra) did the hunter (vyAdha) do (kiyA)? And the age (umar) of(ki) dhruva was mere (thoDi) i.e. he was very young. Where (kahA) did the king of elephants (gajendra) go to study (paDHA) and gain knowledge (vidyA)? And the vegetables (sAga) of vidura was bitter (kuDavI) in tatse.
[Dhruva, being insulted by his step-mother, at the age of 5, went to the forest in search of the Lord who could give him peace and a position even higher than his father's. He met nArada muni on his way who instructed him how to worship srimannArAyana. Dhruva attained the Lord in 6 months.
When SrI kRSNa went to the residence of vidura, he was served with ordinary vegetables which pleased him more than any othe palatable dish. It is commonly mentioned by the elders back at home that the Lord has eaten in many many places, but the only two places where his belly was filled were at SabarI's ASrama and at the residence of vidura]

kyA mardami ugrasena ki sUrata kyA kubje ki
dhan bhArI se rAma milata nahi dAne sudAma ji ki
what (kyA) was the prowess (mardami) of king Ugrasena? and what (kyA) is the beauty (sUrat) of a hunchback (kubje)? SrI rAma cannot(nahi) be gained(milata) by huge amounts(bhArI) of wealth (dhan. This has been proved by the beaten rice grains (dAne) of sudAmA.
[Ugrasena was the father of kamsa who got imprisoned. When SrI kRSNa returned to mathurA. he released Ughrasena and crowned him the king of mathurA again.
kubjA was the hunchback who SrI kRSNA transformed into a beautiful maiden in mathurA]

kahata kabIra suna bhAi sAdho rAma milat hai bhakti
jantara mantara laTapaTa hove rAma bhajan se mukti
kabIra says (kahata), listen up (suna) O my brotherly (bhAI) saints (sAdhO), SrI rama is only attained (milata) through devotion (bhakti). All the rituals (jantra) and ritualistic sacred chants (mantra) become useless eventually (laTapaTa hove), and one gains liberation (mukti) only by (se) singing the glories (bhajan) of SrI rAma.

Hope it helps...

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

Thanks krishnaa for taking the time to lisen, jot down the lyrics and then translate. Very thoughtful of you. Lord Bless you.

krishnaa

Post by krishnaa »

VKR ji,

my pleasure... you are welcome anytime!

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

Here is my rendition of this bhajan:
http://www.acidplanet.com/components/em ... 193&T=9185