video - Kuchipudi dance by Russian performers

Classical Dance forms & related music
apsara

Post by apsara »

Kuchipudi videoclips by Russian performers from Saint-Petersburg Dance Theatre "Apsara"
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=narthaki

Connoisseurs of Indian classical dance, rate, please!

www.apsara.ru

P.S. Sriman Narayana, Tillana Valaji, Idadhu padam is mine choreography.

P.S.S. www.rasikas.org and its attentive moderators and posters have made it possible. Thank you all for your precious explanations and detailed meaning of the songs which were very helpful.
Last edited by apsara on 04 Jan 2007, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

Suji Ram

Post by Suji Ram »

Beautiful!

ramakriya

Post by ramakriya »

Excellent!

meena

Post by meena »

apsara

Thanku very much for sharing :) . Ur choreography is excellent and the performers have executed it well. Very nice!
Tell us little abt ur dance school and ur guru. Its all in russian, and the google translation is not much of a help this time.

I just get to view a sample , do i have to subscribe?

Suji Ram

Post by Suji Ram »

meena

Post by meena »

thanks suji

sridevi

Post by sridevi »

Very nice indeed.. Left me wanting for more..

Sridevi

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Apsara,
Very nice choreography. Congratulations!
BTW, do you know if you are the first person to choreograph in kuchipuDi to tamizh compositions?
Except for bharatanATyam, most of the other classical dance forms of India seem to use songs in sanskrit or the local language (kuchipuDi: telugu, ODissI: oriya, mOhiniaTTam and kathakaLI: malayALam, kathak: hindi and it's dialects and so on). I heard that it was only recently that Saswati Sen had presented krishNA nI bEganE bArO in kathak style...

apsara

Post by apsara »

Thank you...
I believe I am not the first one at all... maybe we simply do not know who else has done it...
Tamizh compositions are so beautiful...
well, modern repertoire of many-many dance companies has songs in Telugu, Tamil, Sanskrit, Kannada, Hindi... Swati Tirunal has composed beautiful tillana Dhanashree and verse is in Hindi.. I saw this dance item presented in Bharatanatyam and Kuchipudi... very nice both... but I adore Kuchipudi most

krishNA nI bEganE bArO is a very charming song, I was thinking about it...

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Good point, Apsara.
Looking forward to your choreography of alaipAyudE...also, for folks like me, it helps to know that you choreograph in kuchipuDi style, so we can provide just vAkyArtha, and do not have to bother very much with padArtha for requests that you make.