Trichur Narendran

Carnatic Musicians
rajeshnat

Trichur Narendran

Post by rajeshnat »

Trichur C Narendran's inteview in the hindu-thiruvananthapuram edition . Incidentally he is a forumite in this forum too.

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2011/03/18/stor ... 060200.htm

All I knew before was that he was the disciple of palakkad raghu. Some one else can add more. I liked this interview a lot .

srikant1987

Re: Trichur Narendran

Post by srikant1987 »

I really enjoyed his accompaniment for Vidwan Trivandrum Venkataraman (the first TRV concert for me ... didn't get to hear many after that :( ) and Vidushi Sreevidya Chandramowli (vainika from the Karaikudi school). He plays with great sensitivity for the veena.

Of course, I have enjoyed his accompaniment in some vocal concerts too. In particular I remember the concert of Sri Thirukarugarur Srinivasaraghavan, where Smt Usha Rajagopalan played the violin.

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Rajesh: Very nice interview. As the article mentions, he was Sri KVN's favourite young mridangist for a while. I have heard him accompany KVN several times in the 80s; some of his best early work. One such kacheri was at Sastry Hall, where KVN sang an hour long spectacular harikamboji. For KVN, I think Sri Narendran represented the future of the world that was shown to him by Sri PMI (as guru, mentor and later accompanist) and later Sri Raghu (as accompanist and friend). He encouraged and nurtured Sri Narendran's early career in an avuncular way.

As Srikant mentions, Sri Narendran is a very sensitive accompanist for veena artistes (and instrumentalists in general). I have heard him play with E. Gayatri recently, and he was rock solid. I heard that he is recovering from some heart problems. I wish him the very best for a speedy 100% recovery.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Part 2 of team carnatic where vidwans narendran, radhakrishnan and srirangam kannan are covered.
http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday ... ertainment