SONG Phir miloge kabi is raat ka wadha

Music that is not orthodox Carnatic or Hindustani.
gobilalitha

SONG Phir miloge kabi is raat ka wadha

Post by gobilalitha »

Ravi,I am sorry to trouble you again, This is one of the best and difficult songs composed by OPNayyar, the captivating tune, the effortless singing of Rafi and Asha bhosle is awesome . the song begins ina low active, but in the very next line Rafi touches the highest octave. Ravi can . you post the English translation as well as the song' ;Fir miloge kabhee is baat kaa waadaa kar lo
hum se yek aaur mulaakaat kaa waadaa kar lo :|

dil kee har baat adhooree hain adhooree hain abhee
apanee yek aaur mulaakaat jaruree hain abhee
chand lamahon ke liye, saath kaa waadaa kar lo

aap kyo dil kaa haseen raaj muze dete hai
kyo nayaa nagmaa, nayaa saaj muze dete hai
mai to hoo doobee huyee, pyaar ke tufaanon mein
aap saaheel se hee aawaaj muze dete hai
kal bhee honge yahee jajabaat ye waadaa kar lo gobilalitha

rshankar

Re: SONG Phir miloge kabi is raat ka wadha

Post by rshankar »

Mama,

Absolutely - just give me a day to get to it. In the meantime, enjoy the lovely song and lovelier Shamila...

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

Thank you GBL and Ravi for this melodious Rafi song rekindling the memories of the late 60s in Kolkatta. Biswajeet - I am seeing him after 4 decades perhaps in this video.

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

yes. How dapper , handsome, modern looks Biswajeet. a tender love song devoid of obscenities. Ravi has pointed out lovelier SharmilaTagore. SURELY . gobilalitha ,nearing 80 eagerly expecting translation by Ravi

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

So, the lead pair are from Bengal, huh? Nice!!

Mama, here you go - the intense romance of the lyrics is heightened by the use of well chosen urdu words:

phir miloge kabhI is bAt kA vAdA kar lo
hum se ik aur mulAkAt kA vAdA kar lo

The hero pleads: Make (ka lo) me a promise (vAdA) of (kA) this (is) fact (bAt) – that you will meet (miloge) me again (phir), some time (kabhI). Please make (kar lo) a promise (vAdA) of (kA) one (ik) last/more (aur) rendezvous (mulAkAt) with (sE) me (hum)!

dil ki har bAt adhUrI hain adhUrI hain abhI
ApnE ik aur mulAkAt jarUrI hain abhI
cand lamhon ke liye, sAth kA vAdA kar lo

(Make me a promise of one more meeting, because) at this time (abhI), the details (bAt) about the situation that my heart (dil) is in remain/are (hain) half said/incomplete (adhUrI). Therefore, one (ik) more/last (aur) meeting/tryst/rendezvous (mulAkAt) of ours (apnE) is imperative (jarUrI). So, please make a (kar lo) promise (vAdA) of (kA) sharing your company (sAth) with me for (ke liye) at least a few (cand) more stolen moments (lamhon) [1].

Ap kyUn dil kA hasIn rAz mujhe dete hain
kyUn nayA nagmA, nayA sAz mujhe dete hain
mein to hUn DUbI huyI pyAr ke tufAnon mein
Ap sAhil se hI AvAz mujhe dete hain
kal bhI honge yahI jazbAt yeh vAdA kar lo

The ladylove says: Why (kyUn) are you (Ap) sharing (dete hain) the beautiful (hasIn) mysteries (rAz) of (kA) your heart (dil) with me (mujhe)? Why (kyUn) are you giving (dete hain) these new (nayA) notes (nagmA) and harmonies (sAz) to me (mujhe) to torture me? Can’t you see that I (mein to) am (hUn) drowning (DubI huyi) in (mein) this tempest (tUfAn) of (ke) love (pyAr)? And yet, you (Ap) continue to keep calling out (AvAz dete hain) to me so impetuously/rashly/imprudently (sAhil se hI). Please make me (kar lo) this (yeh) promise (vAda) that these very same (yahI) passionate feelings (jazbAt) will exist/be there (honge) tomorrow (kal) as well (bhI).

[1] lamha is a glance/twinkling of the eye….but the hero here wants a ‘few cotton-picking minutes’.

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

ALL THINGS ARE EXCELLENT IN THIS SONG
1.The lyrics. the unfathomable mental agony, the hero suffers, conveyed in the wonderful choice of urdu words.
2 the dapper handsome lovers
3 The touching melody of the song wonderfully composed by OPNayyar using an orchestra with few instruments. Can any present day music director create such immortal songs? their songs just live a few months in your heart. I pay homage to Naushad, C Ramchandra, Madan Mohan, Anil Biswas, SJ, Sajjad hussein, theBurmans, Ravi, CHITRAGUPTA, HemantKumar,SNTripathy,VasantDesai and many others..The list is too long. Their music has made me feel happy for nearly 70 years
Ravi , thanks forthe translation