online class for beginner

To teach and learn Indian classical music
gpvenkat

Post by gpvenkat »

I am looking for a online teacher to teach through skype or other means for my daughter, beginner. If anyone is interested, please email
me with details and what your charges are to : gprasad_1@hotmail.com.

Kiravani12

Post by Kiravani12 »

Kiravani - Centre for Music Excellence has been taking personal and online classes for various levels.

You can contact - kiravani12@yahoo.in

Skype id - Kiravani12

You can also call the Centre at 93809 54001 / 99411 22566/ 93821 31976 for further details.

Smt. A. Subhashini
M.A, M. Phil - Music
Last edited by Kiravani12 on 27 Sep 2009, 12:36, edited 1 time in total.

ajay nambudiri

Post by ajay nambudiri »

i am taking online classes for past few years ,many students have been started performing.....you can check out my blog http://ajaynambudiri.blogspot.com/

asangeetha

Post by asangeetha »

Hi,

You can check out www.acharyanet.com. It has been launched recently. There is a panel of excellent musicians, you can contact anyone of them to request for an oppurtunity to learn.

Regards
Sangeetha

sruthilaya0

Post by sruthilaya0 »

Hi,

Please checkout the website:

http://sruthilaya.sqweebs.com/

for learning Carnatic music. You can download the songs in mp3 format with notations in pdf.

Sruthilaya

Rasika911

Post by Rasika911 »

I think for a starters, face to face will be best. Online lessons are okay once a student is relatively advanced and understand some of the finer aspects of music.

sucharithra

Post by sucharithra »

I second Rasika911. Online classes can sometimes be challenging even for more advanced students. The slightest lack of clarity on a call or time lag can disrupt a new student's sense of rhythm and swarasthanams in the long run. I would advise to not approach online lessons until a student has a solid foundation first.

mohan

Post by mohan »

Yes - I also agree to that face to face is best for a beginner who needs to make sure the sruti, swara-s and tala is aligned and corrected without any time lags or distortions

Rasika911

Post by Rasika911 »

Even for advanced students learning ragam, neraval, tanam, swaram, it is better to have direct interaction with a guru. When you have lessons via skype, the classes becime very formal and impersonal. In my personal experience some of the best ideas relating to manodhama sangeetham i have gained is during informal conversations and discussions with my guru. This aspect will be missing in online lessons.
However, most of us today live in areas where it is hard to find a decent teacher. In this case online learning can be a much better option than learning the wrong thing for many years.

sruthilaya0

Post by sruthilaya0 »

I am taking on-line music (Carnatic) classes to interested students. The particulars are furnished below:

1. One Skype session per week - one hour duration.

2. The student should be at least 10 years old so that the he/she can fully comprehend the nuances of the Swaras and Shruti.

3. People who are interested can contact me at pabrrabhrain@gmail.com and I shall get back.

4. Subsequently we can have a free trial class and fix up our schedule on mutually convenient basis.

I also have a website for people wanting to learn Carnatic music.

http://sruthilaya.sqweebs.com/

Brinda Padmanabhan, MA (Music)