NGO seeks help of rasikas for serving the needy through musi

To teach and learn Indian classical music
niyer

Post by niyer »

Hi rasikas

My name is Narayanan and Im part of Swarohan , a NGO based in Bangalore whose primary mission is to bring Carnatic and Hindustani classical music to the underprivileged who cannot afford them. We have a few students already learning Hindustani and Carnatic music . These children are thrilled and very commited. We audition the students from poor children homes, poor children schools, orphanages etc and then select them . We also monitor the quality of teachers . The group size is restricted to maximum of 6 to ensure quality. There are some more needy students waiting for good teachers to initiate and train them in this divine art .

Rasikas can contribute in two ways

a. If you are well trained in carnatic/hindustani music,posess teaching ability , have willingness to teach for a cause with a reasonable remuneration, please volunteer as a tutor

b. To fund the training of the students( mainly tutor expenses) , we need a monthly commitment from volunteers ( minimum of Rs 100 per month) on a continuing basis

You can email me at my forum email or swarohan@gmail.com
blog : swarohan.blogspot.com
Mob - 9886148095

Moderators : Pardon me if Ive side-stepped the purpose of the forum. My only intention is to seek the help of like minded rasikas to serve the cause of indian classical music . Thank you

best regards
narayan
Last edited by niyer on 30 Jul 2009, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.

sbala

Post by sbala »

Great initiative, Narayanan.
Last edited by sbala on 30 Jul 2009, 17:31, edited 1 time in total.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Dear brother-member, niyer, You are doing a very noble service to the under-privilaged. I appreciate you and wish you all the best in this task.
If you don’t mistake me I would like to tell few things while monitoring the quality of the teachers. In general, people are used to think that every successful performer or a certificate holder of either of Diploma or Degree or Doctor is also a good teacher. This is absolutely a blunder. Having at first been appointed as Professor in Violin in 1961 basing upon the certificate of Diploma in Violin, you may not believe me if I tell that I was able only to spoil each and every aspirant very successfully for nearly more than 15 years in the absence of any music-teacher-training-course. Very sadly, even though we have a number of stalwarts none of them is ready to agree that many of them cannot teach well at all starting from the alphabets. Anywhere while one kind of training or other is being given to any candidate of any employment, most unfortunately, neither the stalwarts nor the Governments nor even the public ever even think that well-planned training should always be given to the music-teachers also to efficiently train our kids in keeping culture in tact. Mostly, all our music-teachers prefer to teach a number of the items of Saralees, Jantas, Datus, Alankaras, Geetas etc., etc., one after the other but they never think of in which way they all should be taught and to attain what ultimately. Mainly the efficiency of the teacher must be adjudged not by his proficiency in singing at all but in quickly making the aspirant self-reliant in every aspect heading to Manodharma Sangita. Please mind this and proceed in the high interest of our kids. amsharma

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

What does NGO stands for?

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

Last edited by coolkarni on 26 Aug 2009, 20:49, edited 1 time in total.

niyer

Post by niyer »

sarmaji

thanks for ur suggestion. Sir, be assured that i will keep these things in mind as you might have recognized that Im Narayan - Im one of the staunch beleivers and followers of ur easy ( i would say easy,efficient and effective) method approach

msakella

Post by msakella »

Dear brother-member, niyer, Of course, I have recognised you as our Mr. Narayanan but to make people aware of the things I wrote it. In general, many people eagerly want to find a good-music-teacher like every girl expecting a good-husband which is very rarely possible. But, while there is a chance to change the music-teacher there is no such chance at all to change her husband to an Indian girl (of course, nowadays everything is possible). But, while there is the chance, though late, to adjudge the quality of the husband there is no such chance to adjudge the quality of the music-teacher as no yardstick for this purpose is within the reach of the people. amsharma

niyer

Post by niyer »

Dear sarmaji

Youve higlighted a crucial point . Thank you once again for your blessings

Dear sbala

I appreciate your compliments

niyer