Carnatic Vocal Teacher in Koramangala, Bangalore

To teach and learn Indian classical music
Vinodh

Post by Vinodh »

Hi All,

Can anyone suggest a good carnatic vocal teacher in and around Koramangala in Bangalore?

Also, I have a query to you all... I am 32 yrs old and i have never had any formal music training. I am a singer in my office band and I can sing pretty decent. I have always had the passion to learn music but never got the oppurtunity and the time... Now, I really want to hone my music skills with a proper carnatic training so that I can improve my singing ability and take singing more serious.... Do you think its a good idea or you think its too late for learning vocal at this age... Appreciate your suggestions...

Regards,
Vinodh

niyer

Post by niyer »

Vinodh

Its never too late to pursue a divine art like carnatic music. Of course, one cannot compare it to anywhere to learning it sincerely from childhood , as some faculties start declining as one ages. However, if you have the passion and commitment , then you can surely partake of at least some of this nectar of carnatic music. All the best . I dont know of anyone in Koramangala. However, if uve still not found anyone, one suggestion, get a handbook of A grade carnatic musicians( should be available in the big book stores) and start dialing. You may find your guru. Disclaimer : This by no means guarantees guru quality.

rgds
narayan