Welcome to new members

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Yes, got it... Iwonder if my wife's 'favourite' car cushion is still there? :)

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/iih9fl
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4qvt7u

scanned profile of the main artist..
Nick..We will have Morsing , too .

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Good :)

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

Venue is changed slightly to the the next street
Venue :
Residence of Mr Nageswaran
Old no 21 New no 12
Sreenivasa Pillay Street
West Mambalam
(This is the street on which one can find Satyanarayana Temple also)
This is the place where we had the concert of GS Mani.

vidyaarthi

Post by vidyaarthi »

Hi,All Rasikas,I am Neyveli Santhanagopalan;I am happy to join as a member.It is great to feel as one among you.

mohan

Post by mohan »

Welcome Sri Santhangopalan - pleasure to have such an emminent vidwan here. Look forward to reading your responses in the future.

Mohan from Sydney

shripathi_g

Post by shripathi_g »

Welcome Sri Santhanagopalan to rasikas.org. I write this while listening to a Vathapi rendition of yours and feeling on top of this world.

Shripathi

rajumds

Post by rajumds »

welcome sir. we look forward to a very active participation from you.

grsastrigal

Post by grsastrigal »

Swagatham Sir, I still remember your Concert in Varagoor (near Tanjore) in last year Uriyadi Utsavam in front of Prasanna Venkateswarar, the birth place of Tarangam by Narayan Theerthar. Sitting close by I enjoyed the Sukhanubhavam....

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Sri Santhanagopalan, WELCOME! We are fortunate to have you as a member here. I really appreciate the humility inherent in your screen name! However, we sincerely hope you will be an 'adhyApak' for us.

mridhangam

Post by mridhangam »

Neyveli Sir!! welcome to this forum. Your immense knowledge and concert experience will be of profuse help to the Rasikas as well as aspiring musicians like me.

J.Balaji

prashant

Post by prashant »

Namaskaaram and pranaams Neyveli Sir. We hope to learn a lot from you on this forum. Your chosen login name speaks volumes of your humility and attitude to music.

vijay

Post by vijay »

Dear Sir, we are indeed fortunate to have such an eminence on this forum!

I hope Sri TRS lives up to his promise (made at Sri Nageshwaran's house) too!

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Dear Shri Santhanagopalan,

You are welcome. Thanks for honouring us with your presence.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Shri santhanagOpalan
Certainly we are fortunate to have you here!!!. Your music is very inspiring in a distinct way that too when viewed relative to other performers. My mother though not in the forum is a big big fan of you, she recommends 3 rAgas of yours hindOlam, Anandha bhairavi and amrithavarshini .

I have recommended your yadukulakAmbOdhi and darbAri kAnadA. I am yet to hear your amrithavarshini in a live concert, will walk upto you one of the days and just say amrithavarshini. While that shower of amrithavarshini is a bit delayed, you please shower with your posts here.
Last edited by rajeshnat on 06 Jul 2007, 13:02, edited 1 time in total.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

It is amazing that this forum is attracting pro musicians of great repute and learning these days.

Welcome!

manakkalsriram

Post by manakkalsriram »

Santhanagopalakrishnam upaasmahe. (kamas, the raga of prema rasa) . This is what the great dikshitar says, not me. Rasikas.org is now reaching great heights with the arrival of experts like Santhanagopalan. This great artist would be welcomed with arousing reception unanimously here, without doubt. Few days back I heard a marivere (Anandabhairavi) from him in the radio and what a beauty. Not only did he go deep inside into it, but took us also along with him to the world of paradise. Still it lingers in my ears. I could not control myself and immediately rang him over phone. He humbly told me 'Ellam Periyavaaloda Anugraham, Sriram.'

bhaktha

Post by bhaktha »

Santhanagopalan sir on our forum!!! My!! This is too good to be true...
I am a great fan of yours and simply adore your style of singing. Hoping to learn a lot from you on this forum.
And as somebody said, we are the vidyaarthis and you the adyApak...
-bhaktha

arasi

Post by arasi »

Santhanagopalan avargaLE! vaNakkam! nal varavu! (salutations and welcome!)
If the 'vidyaarthi' in you brings you here, humble and respectful as you are to your guru paramparA, the guru in you would nourish us. We feel honored indeed, by your presence in our midst...
Last edited by arasi on 06 Jul 2007, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.

arunk

Post by arunk »

Welcome Sri. Santhanagopalan Sir. We are indeed fortunate and honored by your presence here!

I also echo Nick's comment: it is amazing and indeed very heartening to find people well accomplished in this art form, mingling with rasikas like us.

Arun

vidyaarthi

Post by vidyaarthi »

Friends,thanks for your ULLAM KANINDA varaverpugaL;I am stunned to see the involvement,dedication, sincerety and the erudition of the fellow rasikas.
I am more than sure that I will evolve musically and aesthetically more and more by mingling with you all,the proud honeybees.

emyesbee

Post by emyesbee »

OMG!, Neyveli Santhanagopalan in this forum! Welcome Sir!
Last edited by emyesbee on 17 Jul 2007, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

Welcome Vidwan Santhanagopalan! Namaskaram. Your humility in accepting our welcome is quite touching. We are fortunate to have you among us. I am sure we will learn to appreciate music better and become better rasikas through interactions with you in this forum. Please feel free to participate in discussions that interest you ( curently active threads and older ones as well as opening new threads for topics that do not exist yet ).

arasi

Post by arasi »

When (guru) vidyaarthi spoke of kalyANa vasantham, I thought of you and wondered why the 'spring' cuckoo hadn't heralded the auspicious arrival of the eminent vidwAn in our midst; may be because you couldn't get over your 'wow' response as in the case of emyesbee:)

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

khamAs rAgE rUpaka tALEna gIyatE
P: santAna gOpAlam upAsmahe, neyvEli
A: sangIta saubhAgya vitaraNa nipuNam
santatam sAdhujana sannutam sa ma ga ma pa (1)

note: (1) To comply with the grammar of the raga this change has been made here as we all know that the Jaya TV program of renown of the maestro is 'sa ri ga ma pa'.

I invite our vaggeykara friends to attempt composing the caraNaM and one of our good singers to provide the fitting audio garland ('pukazh Aram') of welcome to our illustrious vidvAn who has deigned to join our company and share his erudition!
shubhasvAgatam
(my apologies for the late welcome since I got back only lately!)

chalanata

Post by chalanata »

nadhopasana laya yatheendram
nama sangeerthana nadha nipunam
thathva vedantha sathva booshitham
aswathanarayana palitha vinutham

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

well done! Now here is the complete verse

khamAs rAgE rUpaka tALEna gIyatE
P: santAna gOpAlam upAsmahe, neyvEli
A: sangIta saubhAgya vitaraNa nipuNam
santatam sAdhujana sannutam sa ma ga ma pa (1)

C: nAdOpAsana laya yatIndram
nAma samkIrtana nAda nipuNam
tatva vEdanta satva bOdhitam
ashvattanArAyaNa pAlita vinutam

Time for a cool audio! Who is ready?

arasi

Post by arasi »

CML,
We are all happy to have you back. Even from the twilight zone (jet lag), your blithe spirit sings...

Chalanata,
Another example of your creativity!

chalanata

Post by chalanata »

CML,
thanks
Arasi,
thanks

krishnanbs

Post by krishnanbs »

Dear All:

I thank you for your warm welcome. I have tried to hear the audio files in rapid share of T.R.Subramaniam do not find the files...Can anyone let me know the method where I can listen to audio links uploaded by fellow members....????

ksrimech

Post by ksrimech »

aDiyEn also welcomes our beloved vidvAn SrI neyvEli rA santAnagOpalan following the footsteps of cmloverji and chalanataji. Sorry if it is kind of late.

haimavati rAgE Adi tALEna gIyatE

pallavi

santAnagOpala gurum AshrayE
vidyArthi mudrAnkita SrI (santAnagOpala)

anupallavi

sangItakalAnidhi SEShagOpala priya SiShyam
tyAgarAjaguruvarya charaNAravinda ArAdhakam (santAnagOpala)

charaNa

santatam haimavati krupA pAtram
atyanta Suddha gIta prasUtam
asmAkam dUradarSaNa AcAryam
rasikasamUha AvEShaNE susvAgatam (santAnagOpala)

I chose hEmavati because, C. 1990 (I was ~ 10 years old then), I heard Sri NSG render a magnificent (may be the word is no enough) rAgam tAnam pallavi in hEmavati. The concert also had superb ODOdivandEn kaNNa in dharmavathi as a post pallavi tukkaDa. That concert is still afresh in my mind. If all of you remember the chArangi project files were upload, with Sri NSG's permission, on sangItapriya a couple of months ago. I had the opportunity to listen to them right after they were recorded (1993-94). It was of great help to me during the time I was learning music. In every sense, Sri NSG is a great guru.

Again like previous like I would request somebody to help me out with an audio clip as I don't have the "back-bone-strength" (mudugu elumbu valimai) to do it in front of Sri NSG.

s_hari

Post by s_hari »

excellent composition!!

arasi

Post by arasi »

Bravo, EkalavyA (of the long distance guru)!

rajumds

Post by rajumds »

While more and morepeople join the forum, one of the biggest contributor to the forum has suddenly become a guest, no one seems to have even noticed or commented on the same.

sbala

Post by sbala »

I have been wondering too. Where's kji?

arasi

Post by arasi »

I thought he was bogged down with his business. Was happy to see him in Rajesh's concert photos.
Yes, miss his inspiring, thought provoking, laughter inducing posts and his presence.

Hello Cool, do you hear us?

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

As the summer is wearing down no doubt 'cool' thoughts set in :)
kUjantam kUl kUliti madhuram madhrAkSharam |
ArUhya 'Forum' shAkhAm vandE rasikakOkilam ||

(riding on the Forum threads the rasika 'cuckoo' is cooing sweetly 'cool cool' in sweet words; to whom I pay homage) :)

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Coolkarni wants to be away from the forum for a while so he asked me to unsubscribe him. I hope its only for a short while.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Dear brother-member, srkris, I feel very unhappy about the exit of our brother-member, coolkarni. Could it be stopped by any way? amsharma.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Eagerly awaiting candrOdaya, Shashi!

chalanata

Post by chalanata »

cool is always fond of making people guessing. for quite some time he is in and out; in my presumption he is not able to bear the weight of enhancement in his self esteem because of the service he has been rendering to the forum hitherto. it is better he be in hibernation till the completion of his self introspection.
i hope and pray that he returns with renewed vigour.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

I am pleased to see that "dattaswamy" was not a welcomed new member, having already seen his spam elsewhere on the net this evening. Could the mods delete his threads?

Life cannot be quite the same without coolkarni. Come back soon!

But... anyone can refrain from visiting, or logging in for as long as they wish... does he have to be de-registered?

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

nick H wrote:I am pleased to see that "dattaswamy" was not a welcomed new member, having already seen his spam elsewhere on the net this evening. Could the mods delete his threads?
Just doing it.

Thanks for alerting. (rajeshnat, to you also)

ksrimech

Post by ksrimech »

Coolji come back...... We are so uncool without you.

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

nick H wrote:But... anyone can refrain from visiting, or logging in for as long as they wish... does he have to be de-registered?
It was his decision and he specifically asked his user profile to be deleted. We should respect his decision though we can hope and ask him to return back again.

prashant

Post by prashant »

When I read stuff like this, I am so saddened that coolkarni is no longer a part of this forum. I hope he comes back.

A fortnight ago, in concert of Manasi Prasad from Bangalore , I was quick to identify the Wodeyar Krithi -Kamalambike.My fellow benchmates made a quick guess of Dikshitar and then started wondering about the composer , before I whisphered my guess.
It was a scintillating rendering , the song splashing on us wave after wave , and a chap in the row behind me , queried if i was a student of music >>>.

And Ifelt like singing this persian fable...

One day

A wanderer found a piece of clay,

So redolent of perfume

Its odor scented all the room.

“What art thou ?â€

arasi

Post by arasi »

Prashant,
Poetry says it better than anything, so do fables, and you have said it. Said it like--you know who. The perfume lingers on, but we need more flowers to bloom in the rasikA garden, and who better than the the cheery gardener to have around for that?
bhulAdEngE kyA woh zamAnA jab gItON kE pyAr kE sAth kathAyEn bhI thE?
Waiting for the gardener...

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

prashant!

You make me cry!
Those are priceless unforgettable moments !

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

prashant: Nice..

rajumds

Post by rajumds »

If he had specifically asked for deregistration from the forum to which he had contributed so much, he must have been hurt very deeply by some thing.