Just too many u/l !

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
meena

Post by meena »

Just too many u/l (not complaining, thanku all) but what is happening is we are not discussing about the clips etc.

Pl. let me know if u all agree! thanku

poongavur

Post by poongavur »

You may be right Meena. I just finished downloading today's u/ls and have listened to just three or four of them. They were all great. It is time now to get some zs :cheesy: Where is the time to listen to all of them when one has also to go to work during the week?.

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

uploads on mondays wednesdays and fridays only.
that should be a good idea !!

poongavur

Post by poongavur »

I like it. Gives time to d/l, enjoy, and discuss.

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

meena
you hit the nail on the head :D
We just turn into downloading machines. Of course the hard drives are totally unemotional. I am reminded of the siddhar paadal:
"chaTTi chuTTa paaNdaM kaRichchuvai aRiyumO"
(will the pot where a savoury was prepared ever relish the taste of it). Or for the benefit of the nontamils I quote T.S. Eliott
"here we go round the mulberry tree
the mulberry tree
the mulberry tree
early in the morning"

Or in the same vein:
"here we go to download music
download music
download music
every waking hour of the day"

And as coolkarni says there is more than 50GB waiting to be downloaded :D
How many wasted janmas :cry:

Unless we share our experience and understandings this forum will degenerate into an encyplopedia where there is information but no intelligence :cry:

meena

Post by meena »

kulkarniji/cml

uploads on mondays, wednesdays, and fridays only is good idea, but there must also be a limit on the # of u/l.

This way it will give us enough time to d/l the clips that interests us - listen to it and take part in discussions etc.

-sorry! i do sound so much like an elementary school teacher :)

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni »

meena
to take a cue from that famous saying on Wars(no new war should be started until all the books on the old wars have been written)
I think we should conclude,
No new uploads until the earlier ones have been discussed :lol:

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

coolkarni

The solution to an illness is proper medication! Not killing the patient through radical surgery :cry: .Every one of us enjoy every one of the u/l every time. I keep prattling every time and suspect whether senility is setting in unless othe folks too join me. We do get five times 'guest' traffic compared to the membership and I am sure the silent majority keep coming for the u/l. :D I just want to remind the folks that good food and music should be relished in company.

PLEASE STICK TO YOUR 30-60meg DAILY QUOTA!

I'll add to my Lord's prayer:
OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN
GIVE US OUR DAILY U/L....

:D :D :D