Filming Concerts in December

Concerts and other events related to CM.
radhar

Post by radhar »

Hello... I'm working on a documentary film on festivals in India and I would like to cover the December Kutcheri season in Chennai this year. I imagine I will not be able to get permission to film concerts of some of the more famous artists but I was hoping to get in touch with some of the organizers for some of the smaller sabhas to see if it would be feasible to get some footage from from concerts of some upcoming artists. There is a possibility the footage will be used for broadcast purposes in North America so I want to make sure I get the appropriate consent when I'm filming. If anyone can help me out with suggesting some contacts, I'd really appreciate. You can email me at shproductions2007@gmail.com.

Thanks!

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

who else can give you permission otherthan the sabha secretaries and the artists concerned? since it is a question of copyright etc you have to protect yourself legally gobilalitha

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

I am sure you can approach the sabhas directly (and also talk to the artists concerned who will be performing at those sabhas) to get their permission/consent or whatever.

Though a bit dated, this is a good list of sabhas (you need to prefix the phone numbers given on this page with the digit '2' now as you dial them.
http://www.chennaibest.com/discoverchen ... sabhas.asp

radhar

Post by radhar »

Wow that's great. Thanks so much. It looks like there's a long list there. Since I really don't know much about the size of the Sabhas, would you be able to suggest a few of the Sabhas that you think are a little smaller? Do you happen to know any particular names at any Sabhas?

thanks!

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

radhar: Carnatica's Ramanathan is a member here. Try emailing them at carnatica@carnatica.net and they may give you some specific pointers.

prashant

Post by prashant »

For an intimate, smaller atmosphere, I would suggest SAFE [concerts held in Sastri Hall] and Naada Inbam.