Vidwan Daruri Seshachari garu is no more.

Remembering musicians of the recent past
K Nagarajan

Vidwan Daruri Seshachari garu is no more.

Post by K Nagarajan »

Vidwan Sri Daruri Seshachari garu, the younger of the Hyderabad brothers is no more as reported in the pages of the facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/1558741743/pos ... 7S9Ucbxw6v

He gave an energetic and vibrant concert in the last 2023 December season in Chennai and no one could have expected that the end would come so soon.

May his Atma attain satgathi.
Om Shanthi.

rajeshnat

Re: Vidwan Daruri Seshachari garu is no more.

Post by rajeshnat »

very very sad news. Shri Seshachari is a brilliant singer with great ideas and sampradaya purity. I just googled to see the link below

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/enterta ... -67-883227

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

I very much enjoyed his recent concert @Arkay and the handling of Ranjani rAga and durmArgacarA rendition. What a control he had in kriti rendition handling words and syllables and emoting them!

Taken away too soon!

Om Shanti.

ram1999

Post by ram1999 »

shankarank wrote: 25 Feb 2024, 22:03 I very much enjoyed his recent concert @Arkay and the handling of Ranjani rAga and durmArgacarA rendition. What a control he had in kriti rendition handling words and syllables and emoting them!

Taken away too soon!

Om Shanti.
It was the year 1991 or 1992, a concert held in Music Acedemy Mini Hall, the brothers accompanied by Coimbatoire Dakshinamurthy and Palakad Raghu I think on the mridangam. A fantabulous concert and they took ranjini for Pallavi. The first round of alapana was by Seshachari and the second round and third round by Raghavachari. Raghavachari was in just full flow with manodharmam at its peak. U could see Seshachari just amazed and Coimbatore Dakshinamurthy enjoying the alapana just kept the violin down for sometime. Both Seshachari and Sri Dakshinamurthy kept egging raghavachari to bring out the magical ranjini in its full splendour. A top class concert and great artists ar they.

They took chennai by storm in the middle / late 80s. very few musicians such as Voleti garu / Nedunuri garu / Gopalaratnam ragu used to get featured regularly in the chennai music circles. Hyderabad Brothers perhaps were the next gen musicians who captivated the chennai audience. Supported by great accompanists such as Palakad Raghu, Vellore Ramabadran, Trichy Sankaran, Srimushnam Raja Rao, MC and many more...