OS Thiagarajan passed away on Dec 31st 2023

Remembering musicians of the recent past
rajeshnat

OS Thiagarajan passed away on Dec 31st 2023

Post by rajeshnat »

With deep regret i have to inform that Shri OS Thiagarajan passed away this morning . I am not aware of any details . HE is such a great purist who till 2 years back i heard a half concert of his in IFA . He sang and did not get swayed with populist tendencies . I remember atleast 15 or 20 years in one concert that. reviewed where he had to say I am thiagarajan, my guru is thiagarajan (TMT) and i adore Thyagaraja . He usually sings mostly only sadguru thyagaraja krithis.
In 1977 for my chitti marriage he sang in reception , there is a photo so possibly he may be even my first artist that i heard in a live concert

Om shanthi to OST and condolences to his family and extended sishya parampara.

thanjavooran

Re: OS Thiagarajan passed away on Dec 31st 2023

Post by thanjavooran »

Ohm Shanthi

kmrasika

Post by kmrasika »

Comes from a musical family known for purity. Another great loss to CM! Condolences to the bereaved family.🙏🏾

grsastrigal

Post by grsastrigal »

He was supposed to have received an award on 1st from Neelakanta sivan sabha (Velachery). Dedicated Singer. He was so fond of singing Tyagaraja kritis. For him Rama was his tAraga Mantram. He was telling two importants places, one is Bodhentral Matam and Thyagarajar Adhistanam at Tiruvaiyaru. I have some of his speeches of Lord Rama which are very moving and shows how passionate, he was.

He passed way on Panchami (Saint Thyagaraja also passed away on PanchamI).

arasi

Post by arasi »

Om Shanthi.