Happy Milestone for One of the Long-Time Members!

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
arasi

Happy Milestone for One of the Long-Time Members!

Post by arasi »

This post, according to some of us might belong in the Members Lounge or the Critics and Rasikas thread. Yes, but not many go there.
Punarvasu's father, our long time fellow-rasika 'Sri Rama' who brought us many interesting and informative posts is not easily forgotten. We also remember how we all celebrated his turning ninety and were all happy. We went without marking the occasion with another of our most valuable members from the start, because he had stopped posting then and we had lost track of him (CML):(

Well, it gives me great pleasure to say that our fellow-member Sundara Rajan is turning ninety this month :P Family and friends are gathering to celebrate the happy event soon. How I wish too many miles didn't separate us in my wishing him in person :(

I do hope many of us at Rasikas.org write here to wish him good health and cheer on this very special occasion.We also applaud him for getting a book published recently. It's a Primer on the history of India, meant for his grandchildren and all other children growing up in the US and in other countries. The information is found elsewhere at Rasikas.org, and I wish I could find it. Someone please help...

Once again Sundara Rajan, my heartfelt wishes. Wishing more meaningful and happy years to you both :)

kvchellappa

Re: Happy Milestone for One of the Long-Time Members!

Post by kvchellappa »

Here is the link:
https://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35994
My Namaskarams to Sri Sundara Rajan sir on the precious milestone.
It is pleasing to know that he has authored a book on our tradition and culture which even many Indian youngsters are cut away from.
He has been very warm in his posts sharing interesting details and expressing touching concern in periods like floods, etc. His contributions on music performances have been numerous.
Thank you Arasi for thoughtfully bringing it up for general notice.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Good to see your post, KVChellappa!
Yes, the book is called " Cultural History of India--A Primer", published by Amazon. I couldn't recall the title. Thanks for bringing in the link.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Very happy birthday, Sri Sundara Rajan... Wishing you a great year ahead. A great decade ahead!

RSR

Post by RSR »

Wishing Sundararajan SIr, many more decdes of productive life. It needs imense mental strength to live in the Recent Florida typhoon and rains without electricity, communication and provisions.. and i read the synopsis of his latest book for diaspora children, i suppose, even adults can learn a few things.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Namaskaram, Sundararajan Sir! It is wonderful to know you are this active and vibrant at ninety! God bless you with long and fruitful years of Dharmic pursuits!

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Congratulations Sundara Rajan on your reaching this significant milestone. Wishing you many more years of service to the music community.

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

My namaskarams to Shri Sundara Rajan AVL. Wishing very many more happy returns. Pray for sound heath with happiness.
With regs.
Thanjavooran.

ram1999

Post by ram1999 »

Namaskarams and best wishes on your Birthday Sri Sundararajan. Wish you the pink of health and happiness.

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Thanks Arasi for the reminder.

Anekakoti namaskarams and best wishes to Sri Sundara Rajan on this auspicious occation of his turning ninety.

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

Namaskaram Sri. Sundara Rajan. Our congratulations and heartfelt best wishes on your reaching this milestone age.

Here's to 90 years of a life well-lived and to the many more beautiful years that lie ahead. Happy birthday!

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

@sundararajan Sir
Congratulations on your 90th Birthday...

All,
1. We met for the first time when Shri Sundararajan participated in a. meet at Nageswaran sir house . Was that meet where yOung Aishu Venkataraman played violin post MKR Sir sharing memories of MS amma . Also there was also a write up that was writtten in The hindu where his photograph was there with Arasi and many.

2. Bit later came to know he actively participates in Florida CM events . He is indeed very respected for his views and i have seen some video where he has given biography that he has said that he is part of rasikas.org starting with his PhD . It is a joy when any one wears "I am part of rasikas.org" hat that too revealing name and identity .

3. In the last year or two his book is very thoughtful. Book snippets i read , it is measured with objective facts of historic india not just from the stand point of only arts but the whole nine yards . Certainly that would help not just the NRI next gen kids but also those in India . Basic affinity is getting lost . From a generation of the eldest Punarvasu's appa who says let Rama bless you all to the youngest who that could be may be it is srinathK - the basic fabric is bit intact . Beyond srinathk we dont know yet atleast in the non performing - rasikas side , his book may be a good primer .

4. I am assuming he has heard GNB , MMI and of course may be SSI also - any one has the heard this carnatic vocal trinity , i coined this term are indeed blessed . Sundarajan Sir thank you and please continue to post and report from Florida.

meenaakshi

Post by meenaakshi »

Namaskarams and Best Wishes to Sundara Rajan sir.
Wish you a very Happy Birthday!

arasi

Post by arasi »

Dear Sundara Rajan,
Hope you had a lovely celebration with family and friends!

Sundara Rajan

Post by Sundara Rajan »

I would like to thank the Rasikas for their well wishes on my 90th birthday. Sorry I could not respond sooner since I was busy with all the relatives and guests. I am reminded of my need to respond by Arasi's post above. The celebrations , arranged by my children and family, were great and well attended by 90 guests ! Thanks again. Rajan