Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
mohan

Sangeetha Kalanidhi & Nritya Kalanidhi 2023

Post by mohan »

The Music Academy is happy to announce the following awards for 2023 -
Sangita Kalanidhi - Vidushi Bombay Jayashri
Nritya Kalanidhi - Vidushi Vasanthalakshmi Narasimhachari

Source: Madras Music Academy Facebook post

Hearty congratulations to these well deserving artistes!

rupavathi

Re: Sangeetha Kalanidhi & Nritya Kalanidhi 2023

Post by rupavathi »

The Music Academy is happy to announce the following awards for 2023

Sangita Kala Acharya

Prof Palkulangara Ambika Devi
Vidwan KS Kalidas

TTK Awards

Thirunageswaram TR Subramaniam
Sargurunatha Oduvar

Musicologist Award

Dr Arimalam Padmanabhan

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

congrats to all awardees.

Bombay jayashri had and has her own set of fans...at regular intervals she having a huge film hits like narumugaiye , vaseegara or Zara Zara brought in new generation of fans. I recollect 15 years back an haryanvi Jat who worked with me went on his own in dec season to one of her live concert he said he went after hearing her Zara Zara. kudos to her and the great lalgudi baani for sure we will have one more instrumentalist from lalgudi school soon getting sk

also special congrats to ks kalidas sir representing the great psp parampara on Acharya. he is a regular rasika especially in ragasudha and a great writer.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Academy seems to have balanced the choice of an extremely popular person, with totally unknown artists , to me, I must add. But then at least there should have been a buzz about some of them especially the Nritya Kalanidhi designate. Oduvars and Nagasvaram artists , me "the privileged" can be excused of not knowing ;) , but the dancer?

SrI K.S Kalidas of course , how would I miss hearing about, when his son Ashok was just upstairs in the hostel.

Pranams to all the Vidvans, Vidushis.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Vidushi Vasanthalakshmi Narasimhachari was married to late Sri M V Narasimhachari.

Bharatnatyam and Kutchipudi dance. He also sang (I have seen twice) and played mridangam.

I am not at all a dance person and know very few dancers. I knew M V Narasimhachari through my mridangam guruji who learnt much about the dance side of mridangam from him.

I don't know Smt Vasanthalakshmi.

K S Kalidas used to be a regular concert goer, but I heard that, due to age and reduced health, he does not go out much now. I have been to three or four arangetrams of young students of his. And, of course, he taught his son.