Seasonal Sentiments 2022

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
sureshvv

Seasonal Sentiments 2022

Post by sureshvv »

Most original varali alapana by Anahita for main. Sruthi Sarathy on violin much advanced from where she was couple of years ago.

sureshvv

Re: Seasonal Sentiments 2022

Post by sureshvv »

If you can imagine the 2nd speed swaras as a train ride, the ride is not complete unless the wheels lose momentary contact with the track.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Nisha Rajagopal @ BVB

Cracker of a concert with Hamsandi sub (pachi jagadjanani) & Bhairavi main (e naati) & vazhi maraithurukkudhe in between.

Hamsanandi alapana was most excellent with an extended "disorienting" section.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

I listened to the concerts of Krithika Natarajan and Sruthi Sankar Kumar @Arkay live stream. The latter in Parivadini as well. Former chose very delectable and appealing ragams ( Bhajare rE citta - kalyani for e.g).

Both of them executed the concert very well and held the stage with command.

Spoorthi Rao is also developing good flair in concert presentation. Seems the next wave is not too far behind!

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

Anahita Ravindran is one of the most original thinking musicians I've seen. Always finds some new interpretation every concert. Apoorva has her moments where she surprises us, especially in kanakku and swaras but sometimes I just feel Anahita is the brains.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Kruthi Bhatt @ ngs mini

Emerging talent. Sings in tamil like it is her native language.

Vazhi maraithirukkudhe in nattaikurinji was most excellent. RTP in kaanada was very nicely done.

Was originally planning to move to the hall on the opposite side of the road after listening for a bit but her originality and song selection kept me glued to the seat until the end of the concert.

2:00 PM slot in ngs mini brought memories of a flooded hall with people squatting on the floor. Wonder when it will get back to that level of attendance.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

sureshvv wrote: 29 Dec 2022, 18:12 @Sureshvv out of hibernation
Good to see you posting sureshvv i was talking with one couple who know you very well they see this forum but they dont write. They are big time sabha visitors . Few days back when i attended vijaysiva we were talking about only sureshvv. Keep your reviews coming ...

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Sriranjani @ ngs

Bharat Sundar in mukkals & tee taking in the varali sitting cross legged on seat next to mine.

Vakulabharanam has given way to varali... See what a few years of career progress can do!

Seems she has noticed him too. Just did trikalam in pallavi line :D

After mamava meenakshi, it is natanam adinaar in vadantha. Wow! It is set in Ata talam. Wonders never cease!

Looks like bilahari for main. Neyveli used to smash this in the 90s. Neyveli brahma tanayaa teases nomentarily with a neraval and plunges into swaras.

grsastrigal

Post by grsastrigal »

Today Ramakrishnan murthy prog at Music academy got cancelled

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Spoorthi @ ngs mini

Hall mostly full.. No one on the floor yet ;D

RTP in mohanam

"Throw everything you have at it and see what sticks" type of alapana! Fashion these days.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Ramana Balachandran @ Tag center.

Hall almost full & a/c usually intense struggling to keep up.

Main Emineramu in Sankarabharanam & RTP? in kapi.

Ramana best when he just plays.

Tanam sounds out of the world. Like Sarod Or Sitar Or double veena ( wasn't there such a contraotion?)

Koraippu King!!

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Sikkil Gurucharan with UKS at Gokhale Sastry Hall.

What a zoo 🐘🐼🐯 Hope it doesn't end up like the Thai airways flight. harimau should hv been here!

Sarasuda varnan followed by tiruvempavai (elle ilankiliye) in begada with neraval @ vallaanai mayanai padelo empaavaai
Nee daya rada with swaras.
Pinnayum Pinni Purattina Mohanam
Kinder gentler alapana .👍Sweet sounding Sanjeev on violin. Swaras @ vidhi goshita somasundareswara sammohana

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

sureshvv wrote: 30 Dec 2022, 17:19 Koraippu King!!
Shruthi Sagar kalpana swara at Sunaadalahari... I asked a musician in the audience, "Was that basically misra korraippu but in different nadais?" I never before realised that that was actually a thing. Quite chuffed to have realised!

arasi

Post by arasi »

sureshvv,
What a pity, I missed seeing you at Spoorthi Rao's concert after not finding you at GBL's memorial concerts :(
I arrived late and found the newly refurbished hall bursting at the seams. I had to stand a while before someone got up to leave. I liked her delivering her stuff with gusto like an experienced artiste, keeping her accompanists busy in lending her support!

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

arasi wrote: 03 Jan 2023, 08:27 sureshvv,
What a pity, I missed seeing you at Spoorthi Rao's concert...
Yep. Would have loved to catch up. I was not attending that many concerts this year as I was out of town for the early part of the season.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Amrutha Venkatesh @ bvb

Fantastic concert in progress. Pahi jagadjanani in hamsanandi main with neraval @ nirupama sundari bhaktha jana amala kalpaka vallari ambike

L. Ramakrishnan, Arjun Ganesh & Guruprasad providing amazing support underscoring every micro special effect & ornamentation.

Started with a meditative Sadachaledwaram, followed by harikamboji & rama nannu brova.

Himagiri tanaye with a bright & novel chitta swara interlude was the filler.

Villinaiottha puruvam in lieu of mylapore fest going on along the mada streets.
Last edited by sureshvv on 08 Jan 2023, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.

arasi

Post by arasi »

And I missed hearing her and a few other favorites during my short season :(
Hoping for a Bengaluru concert. of hers. She is something special...

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Aishwarya Shankar @ Indira Ranganathan Trust for Charsur.

Excellent concert with Giripai main. Great artiste who puts music first and works hard to stay behind it.

Started late because of delay in accompanist reaching the venue but the concert was well worth the wait.

Post main there was a Siddhar paatu tuned by RKSK in Maanji? which really stole the show.

Don't miss the online release of this concert.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Amirta Murali @ Venus colony

Thyagaraja aradhana concert with eclectic kritis rendered soulfully touching the heart in spite of the not so great acoustics. Vittal Rangan, JV & Nerkunram proving great accompaniment.

1. Bhajana seyyave, kalyani
2. Sarasiruha, mukhari
3. Devagandhari, koluvaiyunnade
4. Vakulabharanam, Eramuni
5. Chinnanadena, kalanidhi
6. Kambhodi,