9th SKB memorial concerts at Indira Ranganathan Trust: December 26 2022

Concerts and other events related to CM.
kamalamba

9th SKB memorial concerts at Indira Ranganathan Trust: December 26 2022

Post by kamalamba »

Dear all

This is a first announcement.

The SKB memorial concerts will be held on December 26 2022 in the beautiful garden settings of the Indira Ranganathan Trust.

We will have 3 concerts

1. Vidwan Sri. J.B. Sruthi Sagar (flute)

2. Vidwan Nashville Sri. Mahadevan (vocal); Full concert of Sri. TRS compositions

3. Vidushi Smt. Anagha Bhat (Hindustani vocal concert).

I really look forward to attending this year, since I couldn't attend years 7 and 8 due to the pandemic and travel restrictions.

Hope to see many friends.

Kamalamba (Mohan)

Nick H

Re: 9th SKB memorial concerts at Indira Ranganathan Trust: December 26 2022

Post by Nick H »

Organised already! Super! :)

Certainly looking forward to seeing you all, as you say, after the "covid years."

Aishwarya_Shankar

Post by Aishwarya_Shankar »

SKB Memorial is always special at our trust !
Looking forward!

kamalamba

Post by kamalamba »

Thanks Aishwarya; the event is possible only because of the kind support of IRT

arasi

Post by arasi »

Mohan,
Here you are, and your family too, keeping your father SKB's (Gobilalitha on the forum) endearing presence in our minds with the annual event. I do hope I can be there this year as I used to in the earlier years. If I can make it to the Chennai season for a short while, I would be there with you, God willing...

kamalamba

Post by kamalamba »

Arasi Madam
It will be a pleasure and a huge honor to have you attend.
The artistes are truly amazing and you will definitely enjoy listening to the TRS compositions.
Mohan

kamalamba

Post by kamalamba »

HI friends

Please find the link to SKB concerts on 26 December 2022, with details including accompanying artistes.

https://www.chennaidecemberseason.com/2 ... -2022.html

The main artistes are

1. JB Shruthi Sagar
2. Nashville Mahadevan
3. Anagha Bhat

Please note Nashville Sankaran Mahadevan concert will entirely feature Sri. TRS's compositions.

regards
Mohan

kamalamba

Post by kamalamba »

Tomorrow is the day; SKB memorial concerts in Indira Ranganathan Trust

26 December 2022.

AVAILABLE ONLINE AT

www.youtube,com/@sunaadalahariIRT

regards

arasi

Post by arasi »

Mohan,
It was quite a morning for me, my trying to find the venue. As a result, I arrived late :(
Dear Gobilalitha was a lover of music--of CM, HM and of film music too. Both your parents inspired you children in loving music and in learning it. Your mother is quite a singer herself, your sister as well. We still miss your father on the forum for his friendly presence and for the enthusiasm he had for sharing.

Every year, your family makes him proud by celebrating him with music all day and with your hospitality, With 'sevikku uNavu(hearing pleasure), a day long feast of food is there for the listeners. And a garden concert too now.

Srutisagar delighted us with his playing. Paramapavana rAma stood out. The choice of Hiranmayi in Lalitha rAgA was just right--in that, GBL's beloved was honored as well!

The accompanists enhanced the concert. Ramakrishnan's playing added to the weight of the concert. Delhi Sairam was a delight to listen to. His verve in playing and the mrudu angam of it was appealing.

I wish I had stayed longer, but other engagements beckoned.
Once again, thanks to Mohan and family for continuing the celebration of their fond memory of dear GBL....

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Sruthisagar is a fantastic flute vidwan , very glad that he gave you lalita. I am assuming you did not stay for TRS , send me a private mail with your mobile and whereabouts please @arasi . I am glad you are there for the 2022 season, more glad that you have escaped the harsh blizzard of USA this year.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

@arasi, so sorry I didn't take your calls. Usually, the first thing I do when arriving at a concert is to silence the phone!

Mohan, next year, let's include the information that the venue is next-door to Nilgiris Supermarket, opposite Focus Optics, and one building away from being on the corner of Abhiramapuram 3rd Street. Citi Bank is another prominent landmark.

Wonderful flute concert. Lovely lunch. Really nice to see Mohan and family again, and a special treat to see Arasi.

kamalamba

Post by kamalamba »

Dear @arasi and @Nick H
It was so nice to see you both.

Also, nice to hear from @rajeshnat

The three concerts were all exceptional as I mentioned in the concert reviews thread. I will make sure to include the Nilgiris, citibank landmarks.

Next year is the 10th year of SKB memorial concerts. It seems like we just started.

I will make sure it is on a saturday or sunday (subject to IRT's plans), so that working members can attend.

Until then, stay safe all and Happy New Year 2023.

regards
Mohan

nadhasudha

Post by nadhasudha »

Kamalamba,

Gald to hear that the 9th year SKB memorial concerts went well. Best wishes for a memorable 10th year concerts as well.