A home called Parvathi - an update

Concerts and other events related to CM.
Sachi_R

A home called Parvathi - an update

Post by Sachi_R »

I am very happy to inform you all rasikas that the Mysore heritage home of Parvathi that held music concerts for nearly 50 years with several hundred concerts by the best Carnatic and Hindustani musicians under the able leadership of Sri. K. Srikantiah, well known among many Sangita Kalanidhis and rasikas the world over, has posted an update.

http://chowdaiahandparvati.blogspot.com ... -with.html

I understand that some 2 dozen stellar concerts by the best known masters of music, living and posthumous, will be shared as before starting from this Deepaavali.

It is surely a labour of love and I congratulate the family for their continued dedication to the arts.

arasi

Re: A home called Parvathi - an update

Post by arasi »

Great news indeed, Sachi!
Pranams to Sri. Srikantaiah and gratitude to him and to his family for sharing the musical treasures of Parvati all these years--and for all the rest of the concerts which they intend to share.

These are times when music is transmitted to us with ease and one can even listen to old masters. Yet, I am awed by the rich history of the Parvathi concerts: unlike a traditional music festival of a sabha or a temple, here's a continuing string of chamber concerts over the decades. Here's a home of rasikas lovingly holding concerts of masters (and masters to be), with a leading vidwan like Sri Chowdiah inspiring them! All this, not in a noisy big city but in the serenity of a place like Mysuru...

Looking forward to their graceful (as ever) sharing of more. Sachi, and thanks to you too, of course :)

I am sure many Rasikas.org members who are new here and are unaware of the Parvathi concerts, are going to find a treasure house here...

Sundara Rajan

Post by Sundara Rajan »

How can any true vintage rasika forget "Parvathi concerts" ? They are gems to be treasured. I look forward to new recordings, having been denied opportunities for live concerts for a few years. I hope these will be available on "Youtube"

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Sir, all Parvathi concerts are meant only for your listening pleasure!

They will be accessible via the blog of course and we are considering Youtube as a possible alternative for uploading. The blog structure requires that the music is uploaded somewhere on the cloud before being shared.

We really appreciate your interest and encouragement. Thank you