Carnatic composition on Parenthood

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
vidhunKumar

Carnatic composition on Parenthood

Post by vidhunKumar »

Namaskaram, do we have any traditional composition or lyrics on describing Parenthood or whole Family?

For example: Father Lord Shiva, Mother Devi Parvathy, sons - Muruga and Ganesha.

Something that should be about parents, praising parenthood. Like for a child how it's whole world is revolved round her/his parents

KKishore

Re: Carnatic composition on Parenthood

Post by KKishore »

Many composers often humanize the divinity expressing thereby comparing Gods/Godesses as Father/Mother. So you can get easily lot of compositions in carnatic requesting for pity,mercy asif a child asks from Mother/Father etc.
Not sure if i understood correctly but just put my thoughts.. Also i recall a old tamil song from Movie Haridas that starts with "Annayum Thanthayum thane.." which glorifies parents as everything.

nAdopAsaka

Post by nAdopAsaka »

As a means to introduce some aspects of the great Hindu musical traditions to children, (which is itself a noble idea), such kritis may be a reasonable approach.

As correctly noted already, there are many examples, since the vAggeyakAras often see themselves as such as "children of the deities".

In the spirit of encouraging the original poster, some examples are given.

Best wishes !

The divine parents "Sri pArvati-paramESwarau" are celebrated by the bAhulEya in the bauli kriti of the Dikshitar

bauli by ranjani gAyatri
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYWiiqSystk

The tyAgarAja invokes the sitA dEvi and lord rAma as his parents in the lalitA kriti "sitammA mAyamma Sri rAmudu mAtandri"

lalitA by vEdavalli
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWe2liaFb_U

The tyAgarAjas famous darSana kriti "kanugontini" bilahari calls out the rAma parivAr each by name.

bilahari very nicely illustrated by syAmsundar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY0zbDivN8A

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Now there is one on lack of parenthood on Lord Shiva sung by N.C Vasanthakokilam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7mIOTG1WYE

Lyrics are discussed here, and authorship is in question.
viewtopic.php?t=235

While this song played a lot in my childhood days, I only heard the sound and music, never inquired into its meaning or its significance, even though it is in my mother tongue. (nIngal ellAm layattai rasikallEla , so tirumbi pEsa muDiyaatu, you missed a lot! I missed some. :D ). In fact, I did not even delve into the first words, the composer asking "if you had Parents" - never struck me.

As I said, I am uneducated as regards literature, and I believe it has done more harm than good. I am educated "about" tamizh - and that is what the education does anyway. Except for a very few obsessed, who wrote pudu kavithais. My knowledge of "real" tamizh happened in vaishNavite discourses and some other paTTi manDrams - only hearing not reading.

Until this presentation remembering older musicians by Vid. Bharat Sundar:
https://youtu.be/l2S-4N-nwOI?t=1341

So, the song is about Pathos on Lord Shiva, who underwent humiliating experiences at the hands of devotees, because he did not have parents. That the lord has "no beginning and end - Adi, antam illAdavar" is portrayed with pathos in this form.

@RSR to add blogs, links, and insights.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Shankarank,
You trace your response to this song from your childhood very well. It IS an odd one for kids. We can't recommend it to them. They can listen to hundreds of songs which bring in relationships into them with labels (maganE, tAyE, tandaiyE, mAmanE, maruganE , talli, taNDri and so on). As a rule, these songs are laudatory. They make the kids realize that we are all God's children just as GanESa and Murugan are.

nindA stutis and those which are moans can be avoided. NCV 's music was very appealing to us as kids. However, this song put me off, I remember. It sounded violent too (kallAl oruvan aDikka, uDal padaikka, villAl oruvan aDikka and so on!). Self-pity is another emotion in this song: umakkinda tAzhvellAm varumO aiyyA?. NCV's other song has a stance too. But how very different! It describes the feats of the Lord in En paLLi koNDIraiyyA? How very different they both sound!

I am sure these children are already familiar with the epics through Amar Chithra Katha and other sources. That would make it easy for them to be steered towards familial values and universal ones. Any song with praises to a particular deity which mentions celestial families are good for them, I think.
Good luck to the parents for their instilling good values in their children through music too.

As for a tALa-impaired person, I have to admit that laya ropes me in at times--I listened to that Bharath Sundar's version now which you suggested and it was very appealing to hear him sing this song with the accompanists! So, for me, tannODu varum tALam inimaiyE. taTTik kOTTip padaikka vaippadu vENDAm enRO? (So, naturally flowing rhythm is fine by me, but noisy assertions scare me off??). They must have, also in my childhood. That's what made me get scared of loud kaNakku vazhakku? The two valualble rasikAs we miss, both psychologists, are not here now to give us some valuable input in this thread...

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Well, a tALa impaired person who composed prolifically ;) Common! :D . The term Impaired is now banned; tALa - differently abled - is the correct form.

On Smt. VasantakOkilam's singing , I have a bone to pick. varumO ayya has a puNarci (sandhi) vidi (conjoinment) which should make it varumOyya. Since sandhi is about sound, which makes language musical, in music it should not be disturbed, except, a breath or tALa incidence necessitates it. Or in some cases, one sangati can be made with a split to elucidate meaning - mostly in samskRtam. Here that is not required. kuTRam kaNDupiDittE peyar vAngum pulavar :lol:

Well for loud kaNakku vazhakku (mathematical exercise), there was a sadas and audience following - the male crowd which has largely disappeared. It has also been softened and gentrified for modern times. It had its place and some attention needs to be given to absorb core ideas from that aspect and give a stage for it.

Now there is also the song about Lord Krishna - orutti mahanai pirandu Oriravil... in beHAg.

http://www.shivkumar.org/music/Thiruppa ... -Behag.pdf

And a similar narrative can be weaved about his devotees:

Bhishma - who knew the divinity of the lord, hit him with Arrows. AkrUra his charioteer to Kamsas court, left for Kashi once affluence came. Yudhishtira sent him as a messenger. Arjuna who knew his greatness, made him his charioteer. As Uddhava and Vidhura converse after Krishna's passing, they were left wondering how many really knew him? From SrI Krishna prEmi's discourse.

arasi

Post by arasi »

I was wondering whether I was steering this thread about teaching kids compositions on parenthood away from its purpose a bit. Now, we are drifting away even more, Shankarank!

It would be nice if those with kids and with their experience in teaching them music care to join in and say what they think :) .

RSR

Post by RSR »

ref p-4
@shankarank
To this day, I do not care much for lyrics and so-called grammar. unless the lyrics are 'kocchai'.
NCV record is an absolute gem.

https://sujamusic.wordpress.com/categor ... hakokilam/
I have been hearing this record since 1947 and it is the best illustration for the Shanmugapriiya raagam. Just forget the lyrics. as we generally do when listening to renditions of the Trinity. and earlier composers. Within those six minutes, NCV has given us a grand specimen with swarams too.
Even Smt.MS had not given any full record entirely for this raagam during that period but stanzas in 'thavamum palitthathamma', ' yaamarintha mozhikalile', 'paal vadiyum vadhanam'
- equally superb but makes us wish that she had given a full record on this melody. Their voices were ideal for the melody
.. Who cares about authorship? How drab a composition can be in that raga even when sung by MMI ----listen to Patnam kruthi. There is a nice write-up in sujamusic on the kruthi and its poetry.

RSR

Post by RSR »

To the best of my limited knowledge, there are very very few compositions on the divine parents.
The examples given by @nAdopAsaka may be the only such. among thousands of the CM kruthis- pre-, UPTO and including P.S. and Vasudevaachaarya.
All the pada-varnams and jaavalis naturally are ruled out as they are of romantic theme of the feminine to the male 'god
--
continued in
https://sites.google.com/view/music-ref ... ne-parents
'
Last edited by RSR on 24 Apr 2022, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.

KKishore

Post by KKishore »

To add to what others gave here, i thought Papanasam Sivan's "Naanoru Vilayaatu Bommaya" is a famous song in Navarasa Kanada where composer pleads the Divine mother asif he was her child came to my mind but i forgot to mention earlier in my reply, so giving it now ;)
The line "aruLamudaip-paruga ammA ammA-venraluruvadaik-kETpadAnandamA" illustrates it melodically too like a crying child who seeks/reaches out to mother no matter what.
Coincidentally he was the one who wrote the old Haridas movie song i quoted earlier. This is just one eg, there are examples galore in Carnatic if you appreciate this kind of expressing bhakti rasa together with divinity coupled with parenthood.
In our culture/bhakti philosophy it is given/assumed about significance "Mata Pitha Guru Deivam" and so those who have parents,fortunate enough with gratitude can always respect them which goes without saying/emphasis.
Here is one more Thillana from a contemporary composer Madurai R Muralidharan who does for dance/natya items i heard in Madhuvanti ragam recently that gives importance of both mother as well as Guru though it is composed as Guru Vandanam in mind i think. Its lyrics in tamil goes like :

avaniyil kalvi selvam thanthAi
arivum thelivum GuruVe Nee thanthAi
ariyA vayathil nallathum theeyathum Ariya Vaithaai
athanAl Neeyum En ThAi
Adalkalaigal PAdalkalaigal Arulisai Karuvigal PazhagavaithAi
agamathil Unarum Ezhil Uruvame Arul PuriyuMe Irulagala

Audio link to above thillana is : https://youtu.be/k6bBxgtO2NE

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

RSR wrote: 24 Apr 2022, 10:33 ref p-4
@shankarank
To this day, I do not care much for lyrics and so-called grammar. unless the lyrics are 'kocchai'.
You are right. You should not care much about lyrics. I will explain. Lyrics means you can make your own meaning based on, I suppose, your education. The language is intelligible! :D Now with post modernism, many nitwits are running amok with their own interpretations :twisted:

Whereas as a sacred sAhitya [:cough:] only vidvans who received traditional / oral knowledge should expound on the meaning. I suppose you have heard about vyakhyAna simhAsanam. AvalukkuttAn adhikAram koDukkappaTTirukiratu. They only have the authority!
arasi wrote: 24 Apr 2022, 00:35 It IS an odd one for kids. We can't recommend it to them.
Now the above should take care of the conundrum. vidvAns will put it in correct perspective even for kids.

https://youtu.be/l2S-4N-nwOI?t=1753

Now sitting in a sarasvati pITham, Vid. Bharat is apologetic about the digression. Well, he is talking about the sAhityam. The educated audience will never brook a digression eh? Keep it to the subject! :twisted: :lol:

In upanyAsams digressions are galore and interesting too. We in rasikas, want every thread to be a neat essay ;) :P

Reminds me of something that happened in a discourse of Srivatsa Jayarama Sarma. There was a scholar from tirukaDaiyUR, an ardent SrI abhirAmi worshipper, who happened to be there and was called to felicitate Sri Sarma. He mentioned to elucidate on Srimad Bhagavatam a deep knowledge of vEdanta is required.

Then he made an odd statement looking at the udyOgastar audience! ningAl paDiccavAllam kEkarEL ( all you educated people are listening!) . So what difference does this paDippu makes a difference here? I wondered. :mrgreen:

RSR

Post by RSR »

@shankarank
While this song played a lot in my childhood days, I only heard the sound and music, never inquired into its meaning or its significance, even though it is in my mother tongue.
You were a true and better sangita rasika in your childhood days, then. --possibly due to your father's influence.
-
The OP was not asking for sahithyams on either mother or father alone, but on 'parents'. Almost all the kruthis are on Siva, Vishnu, Ganesa, Subramanya, Parvathi, and on very special instances on Saraswathi or Lakshmi.-----very very rarely , a single saahithyam speaks of both mother and father, So, the first two responses were quite correct.
In a special way, the NCV record cited by you also is quite fine...but what attracted people like me was not the lyrics but pure delight of the voice and music

-
Have you heard 'marivere dhik evarayya raama' of Patnem in Shanmuga[riya by MMI? i was referring to that.

nAdopAsaka

Post by nAdopAsaka »

In my opinion, the supreme vAg-geya-kAras have to be concerned about the words they use along with their song.

Therefore, to comprehend them, one needs to develop some understanding (either personal or through doctrine), of their words.

The "parentless" Siva idea noted above is mirrored (somewhat) in the balahamsa kriti "talli tandrulu" where the tyAgarAja questions how the lord rAma can be described as having "parents" (i.e. daSaratha/kausalyA) when in "reality" he is the supreme god. Or why ayOdhyA is considered his home when it truly is the ocean of milk.

The tyAgarAja is struggling to reconcile the absolute reality of parents with his imagination of the supreme.

I wonder if the original poster (vi-dhun-kumar) wanted only a simple "dhun" for children.

talli-tandrulu - balahamsa - which is a nice cousin of kEdAragaula

vOlEti V
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-blSxUFO9A

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

RSR wrote: 25 Apr 2022, 12:54
The OP was not asking for sahithyams on either mother or father alone, but on 'parents'. ........very very rarely , a single saahithyam speaks of both mother and father, So, the first two responses were quite correct.[/color]
SrI ANDAL's tiruppAvai: magazhi tingal :

Sourced from SrI VaishNava discourses:

nandagOpan kumaran - a subdued reference to the Lord, through the father.
yaSOdai iLanjingam - a valorous reference through the mother. He is the young lion of yaSOda.

From SrI tyAgarAja utsava sampradAya kriti - Sung by BrahmaSri Balakrishna Sastrigal in SrI tyagarAja rAmayaNa sangIta Harikatha:

http://thyagaraja-vaibhavam.blogspot.co ... -rama.html

Parents , a sibling , devotee, consort are all mentioned.

sAdincanE - pancaratna:

dEvaki vasudEvulanE

RSR

Post by RSR »

In the first reference, it is the boy Krushna , who is extolled. In the second case, once again, it is Raama , who is praised. There may be some compositions by Talpaakkam annamaacharya , which praise the lord and padhmaavathy thaayaar, from the poet as a son.
Jagodhoddhdharana is about the child and about yasodha.s good fortune. and not vice versa

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

I guess, only their absence can really bring forth their greatness, as in the case of the Pathos filled composition: Thanthai thai irunthaal! Their presence is always taken for granted and they are otherwise viewed as doing their duties!

Even valluvar speaks from the side of the child, as it went in a recent pallavi by Saketharaman : mahan thanthaikATRum udavi...

RSR

Post by RSR »

p-16--Good point. but it would be nice if some modern day composer creates suitable songs as tribute to 'living' parents. In that spirit, most families have such divinities in their parents.
-
Is there any kruthi which portrays Raama speaking of the obligation to his parents? Not likely. (nor by Krishna about his real and foster parents ). -
It is always, 'vasudeva sudham ........
kamsa chaanoora mardhanam
devaki paramaanandham,
krushnam vandhe..'jagath gurum'
--
No complaint but our composers have not approached from that angle as queried by the OP.
-
The poem by Raajaaji comes nearest to the theme.

kuRai ondRum illai maRai moorthi kaNNNaa
குறை ஒன்றும் இல்லை மறைமூர்த்தி கண்ணா
by RAJAJI - famous and melting rendition by Smt.MS
https://sites.google.com/site/homage2ms ... mi/home/76
யாதும் மறுக்காத மலையப்பா
யாதும் மறுக்காத மலையப்பா உன் மார்பில்
ஏதும் தர நிற்கும் கருணைக் கடல் அன்னை
என்றும் இருந்திட ஏது குறை எனக்கு

என்றும் இருந்திட ஏது குறை எனக்கு
ஒன்றும் குறையில்லை மறை மூர்த்தி கண்ணா
ஒன்றும் குறையில்லை மறை மூர்த்தி கண்ணா

nAdopAsaka

Post by nAdopAsaka »

RSR's question is thought-provoking.

The lord rAma giving up his throne/coronation to honor the promise made by his father (daSaratha) is one of the key aspects of the rAmAyana, and has not escaped the vAggeyakAras.

The dhanyAsi of the ayOdhyA kAnda stanza of the mahArAjas "bhAvayAmi raghurAmam" kAnda-mAlika (noted in Post # 189 of the swAti tirunAl thread) celebrates this with the reference" vihata-abhiSEka-matha" - which refers to the termination of the coronation (abhiSEka) of the lord and his subsequent departure to aranya.

The sanyAsi aspect (renunciation, on behalf of his father) taken on by the lord is undeniably the reason for the dhanyAsi choice too (all the other kAndas also have ties to the rAgas used).

The hari-kAmbOji of tyAgarAja "oka mAta" , also illustrates the same vow-upholding of the lord, on behalf of his father.

The lord is of "one word" , no two-meaning deceit !

Although daSaratha dominates the parenthood of lord rAma, the lords Mother cannot be forgotten , and is not.

Indeed, the venkatESa suprabhAtam itself begins with the call to the lord "to wake up" but addresses him as the esteemed son (supraja) of kausalyA.

The tyAgarAja says essentially the same thing in his "mElukOvayya" morning wake-up call bauli, and then goes on to describe many activities that urgently need the lords attention.

In my opinion, both the suprabhAtam and the tyAgarAja bauli are describing the obligation of the lord, as the son of kausalyA, to fulfill this birth (as her esteemed son) by addressing all his many duties to his devotees.

bhAvayAmi raghurAmam - swAti tirunAl
MSS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCf-ew-8xwM

oka mAta oka bAna - tyAgarAja hari-kAmbOji
mallAdi bros.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Looo0c1lDvQ

mElukOvayya - tyAgarAja bauli
sandhyAvandana SR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlHul8nlGwE&t=2932s

There is only merit in taking the lords name so I give also the link to the famous MSS rendition of the suprabhAtam.

venkatESa suprabhAtam - kausalyA suprajA
MSS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-bwYbOExt8

arasi

Post by arasi »

It is obvious that almost every composer/poet has not forgotten the value of relationships in a family! It's just that we didn't focus on it to realize it, it seems. Look at the number of posts and the plethora of songs!

Yes, tiruppAvai and all of nAlAyira divyaprabandam. Bharathi with his kaNNan pATTugaL, seeing Krishna as father, guru, friend, servant and more.
Here's a song which even begins with relationships--mother and adopted mother:

dEvaki tan kulakkozhundAi kuvalayathil avadarithAi,
kAvalgaL anaithum mIRi, gOkulathai senRaDaindAi
pAvai nallAL yaSOdai magizh bAlakanAi vaLarndavanE
mUvulagilum mudalvanE, mukundanE tAlElO

(Born the precious child of Devaki, you escaped the guards and arrived at gOkula, and there you grew up as the good woman yaSOdA's child, you, who heads all the three worlds! Lullaby to you!) by Ambujam Krishna.

nAdopAsaka

Post by nAdopAsaka »

The latest poster is exactly right. When filtered as these relationships, there are likely to be several more examples.

It is indeed a happy topic to explore.

I thank the original poster vidhunkumar for asking the question.

And also the second poster kkishore for his sincere attempt to address that question which got the ball rolling.

RSR

Post by RSR »

One unique feature of ' VaishNava sampradaayam 'is that rarely do we find a separate temple for Goddess Lakshmi. She resides in the heart of VishNu.
P.Sivan's 'ambaa Nee irangaayenil pukal aethu' is a very nice kruthi. It is in praise of Goddess Lakshmi as a mother of the devotee and all the living beings and explicitly says that she resides in the heart of JaganNathan.
' thaay irangaavidil , saey uyir vaazhumo ? akila uyirkkum Nee thaay allavo ? nikilla jagan Naathan maarbil urainthidum Nee irangaayeniil pukalethu ?
அம்பா நீ இரங்காயெனில் புகலேது?
நிகில ஜகன்னாதன் மார்பில் உறைந்திடும்
நீ இரங்காயெனில் புகலேது?
தாய் இரங்காவிடில் சேய் உயிர் வாழுமோ ?
சகல் உயிர்க்கும் நீ தாய் அல்லவோ !

https://sites.google.com/site/homage2ms ... angaayenil
we are on the lookout for such kruthis (music compositions by renowned composers, )which praise both the divine parents in the same kruthi.
Transliteration and transkation may be available in the lyrics section.
https://www.karnatik.com/c6419.shtml?ms ... 176aa8ff47

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

We missed adding: SrI tyAgaraja swamy mentions his father in dorakunAyiTuvanTisEva - the line rAma brahma tanayuDau. And his maternal grand father in "girijaraja suta tanaya".

sItamma mAyamma - reference to his own Mother as well?

valli nAyakanI - Shanmugapriya - Adi - SrI HarikESanallUR Muthiah BhAgavatar : talli tanRi guru deivamu nIvani

nAdopAsaka

Post by nAdopAsaka »

the tulasi-ammA kritis of the tyAgarAja and most of the dEvi kritis of SyAmA SASTri are also relevant.

in the dEvagAndhAri "Sri tulasammA" , she holds viSnu by the hand, as she approaches the tyAgarAja.

alamElu mani
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4d-oztGQQ

in "amma rAvamma" the kalyAni, she is inseparable from viSnu , even in his dreams.
and in "dEvi Sri tulasammA" the mAyamAlavagaula she counterbalances Sri-hari.

In the "pAhi Sri girirAja sutE" - Anandabhairavi of SyAmA SAStri she is at once the daughter of the mountain and the consort of EkAmrapati, and of course she is ambA to SyAmA SAStri.

Bombay JayaSri
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT4jPKJo4fo

RSR

Post by RSR »

p-22
ShankkaranK
Yes... Most relevant. because the reference is to his own father and mother.
------------------------
There may be some stanzas in Vaalmiki Ramayanam, Baalla Kaandam, where Raama and Lakshmana, as young boys pay their respect to their father and mothers. , though it might not have been used by the music composers, in their kruthis.
-----
Similarly, in Baagavatham also, after Kamsa vadham, Krushna liberates his real parents, Vasudeva and Devaki from prison and restores the kingdom to them. There surely must be some moving passages, as obeisance to them by Krushna. I remember to have read a few lines on that in NarayaNeeyam.
Scholars steeped in Valmiki and Baagavatham may clarify.
(Sachi_R)

KKishore

Post by KKishore »

Here's one more by Madurai R Muralidharan a contemporary composer praising Motherhood(a subset of parenthood) but suits what the OP imho may be interested as well to listen: https://youtu.be/NiidXX29AxA
Its is in Tamil in form of Kavithuvam aka Kouthuvam a natya piece. Lyrics are little big to post here and if one knows tamil can appreciate it.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Dr. SrI HarikESanallur Muthiah BhAgvathar

manattirkisainda maNALan - a SankarAbharaNam kriti - tandaikkupadESikkum sadgurunAthan.

Similar to : mahESasya mahArthOpadESa in SrI nAthAdi guruguhO by SrI dIkshitar.

kapalahastha kanda tAta - in kripAnidE - hamsanAdam - miSracApu by Dr. HMB as well.

both rendered by SrI TNS.

arasi

Post by arasi »

NammAzhvAr:
He goes gloriously about it--starting from the elements and then on to the family!

mAyA! vAmananE!madhusUtA! nIyaruLAi
tIyAi, nIrAi, nilanAi, viSumbAi, kAladAi
tAyAi, tandaiyAi makkaLAi maTRumAi muTRumAi
nIyAi nI ninRavARivai enna nyAyangaLE!

The mysterious one!Dwarf! slayer of Madhu, give us grace,
As fire, water, land, sky and wind
As mother, father, children and the rest,
And as yourself! What can we make of it all, pray, my lord!

Well, this covers more than the human family for sure, and how! Children can have a glimpse into the universe too here :)

One of my grandsons happened to be there at a concert with me and he got the impact of the verses by the atmosphere it created. I used sign language to give an idea about the grandeur of the verse to him and to his father. One of my favorite verses in the nAlAyira divya prabandam.

Raga: simmendra madhyamam
Singer: Sanjay Subrahmanyan

Margazhi Maha Utsavam years ago was where he sang it first, I think.

nadhasudha

Post by nadhasudha »

vidhunKumar wrote: 15 Apr 2022, 23:12 Namaskaram, do we have any traditional composition or lyrics on describing Parenthood or whole Family?

For example: Father Lord Shiva, Mother Devi Parvathy, sons - Muruga and Ganesha.

Something that should be about parents, praising parenthood. Like for a child how it's whole world is revolved round her/his parents
A beautiful composition of Mahakavi Bharathi talks about the joy of being a parent to a baby girl - Chinnanchiru Kiliye kannamma. Such a stunning poetry set to music!

RSR

Post by RSR »

about p-28 @nadhasudha
I too love that song, especially, the record by Smt.DK.PattammaaL.
but as you have mentioned , it is a song by a proud father on his precious daughter.
https://sites.google.com/site/dkpattamm ... iru-kiliye
-
But the OP wants a song on parents. in real life. in a single kruthi. There are very few except the one cited by @KKishore

KKishore

Post by KKishore »

One more song/pada varnam i found of interest:
"Annayai maravenadi " by
K.N Dandayudapani Pillai in Abhogi
Lyrics from Karnatik site below :
https://www.karnatik.com/c16749.shtml
This forum itself has a link on its discussion too
viewtopic.php?t=14209&sid=c056d1a9030c5 ... c49d0d1caf

RSR