Malladi Brothers Krishna Gana Sabha 25.12.21

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
grsastrigal

Malladi Brothers Krishna Gana Sabha 25.12.21

Post by grsastrigal »

Malladi Brothers
Embar Kannan
K V Prasad
Alathur Raja ganesh – Ganjira
Krishna Gana Sabha

Disclaimer. Those who do not believe in the concept “Top 5 gana rAgams must be rendered as main rAgam or RTP” ….please do not read this review:

One of the worst concerts I attended in this season.

Singing saveri and todi as tukkadA and Ranjani as RTP is a gross injustice to Chennai rasikas. It is like taking Indian team to play ranji trophy. With the gigantic accompanists, he should have taken one major rAgA and experimented it.

His nAga nandini lacked any pace and half way through 60 odd raskiaas scratching their head (what was the raga ?).

As they respect their Guru and show that (attitude) in the concert, do some justifications too by singing…… His father suribaabu gaaru also would not be happy
….
1. Varnam- Natakurinji - Rangasamy N
2. Shankari Sankuru – Saveri - Sang all saraNams with – Shyama sastri
3. KshitijA ramaNam- Devagandhari- MD
4. Nagananandini- (R,S) satanlEni - Neraval in “satta matrama sachitta sai” & Swaram – T
5. Kotinalu danushkoti- Todi- T
6. Ranjani RTP Pallavi- “Ram achandra, Sita manohara, Jagadagambeera, nanubrOvara”….. pallavi in mohanam, Kannada, kalyanavasantham, Mauduvanti….
7. Tani
8. Idadu padam- kamAs – PS
9. Nitya pooja- Dwijavanthi- Annamacharya
10. Madava maamava- NilAbari – Naraya teertar Tarangam

There are certain don’ts- MBs to follow immediately

0. Reduce “talking” in the concert. Especially, Sriramprasad..., where he gets time, he gives lecture.

1. They introduced the artists before the concert as the concert itself started 10 minutes after the schedule. If the rasikas, who come for this 4 PM concert, (losing their precious afternoon napping time) know the artists very well. Also displayed in the board outside too.

2. He was also telling about Rangasamy nattuvanaar. Why should we know about him as his vaRnam speaks volumes about RN

3. To my dismay, he too shankari…. .( Now a days people who want to satisfy Shyama sastri, takes this kriti safely !!!.) They sang all the charanams. Well. Happy. He agains started taking “musicans who sing these big kritis, should sing all the charanams and he started praising sadhgurus”…… (oh No ..)
My question was, why did he sing all charanams referring the book ? Can’t he remember these sankrit verses. Were they not taught by Gurus ?
Great musician Sri. Nedanuri would never have done like this….. His renditions were always majestic and mind boggling.
(I think , if this portabe tambura (radal) is removed, half the artists will be absent from giving concerts. !!!! This is the safe haven for hiding books. As if he is going to appear for exams, he refers at least 3 books for singing these 2-3 kritis.) Atrocious.

4. Another googly. Sriramprasad (MBs) started the meaning of naganandini song. Satta lEni. That to referring the book.
For a moment I thought whether I was sitting in lec-dem or concert.

5. Leaving at least 3-4 minutes between kriti. Restless. Don’t know why.
Taking more time to start the raga beyond this time.

Again coming to first point. These Ranjanees, Revathees are tukkada rAgams. Will not even get “pass mark” even taken as main. For RTP, sorry..

MBs rendering. Of course is impeccable. Embaar and Prasad and raja ganesh are outstanding in their respective field. Of course, Naganadini, Embaa played better (as MBs pAdaantram was confusing to me ).

We come for the concert with huge “music appetite”. You cannot serve as soup and say “thank you” Even a mini hall musician singing a Todi and bairavi and some beautiful swarams to enthrall us.

There was a concert of Nedanuri with LGJ and UKS 1982 in Krishna Gana sabha (where MBs were sitting yesterday) which was released and also in youtube. The ragAs were mohanam (bavanutha), mukhari (muripemu) and RTP- Kambodhi. (danyasi, natakapriya and samaa are other important ragas)…..

Better MBs to take a leaf out of his Guru gAru book.

So distraught, I came to MFAC and listen to brilliant Shashank taking Lataangi (Marivere) and madhyamaavadhi (Rama kadA sudhA) as main.

I have to thank MBs to force me to listen to Shashank. ………….

devan

Re: Malladi Brothers Krishna Gana Sabha 25.12.21

Post by devan »

After a long time brutally honest review. 👌👍

rupavathi

Post by rupavathi »

thatha, maybe you should simply stay at home and mentally rewind your kollu thatha's tall tales about Maha Vaidyanatha Iyer's 5 hour todi pallavi in 1896... :twisted:

ram1999

Post by ram1999 »

grsastrigal wrote: 26 Dec 2021, 12:03 25.12.21
Malladi Brothers
Embar Kannan
K V Prasad
Alathur Raja ganesh – Ganjira
Krishna Gana Sabha

Disclaimer. Those who do not believe in the concept “Top 5 gana rAgams must be rendered as main rAgam or RTP” ….please do not read this review:

One of the worst concerts I attended in this season.

Singing saveri and todi as tukkadA and Ranjani as RTP is a gross injustice to Chennai rasikas. It is like taking Indian team to play ranji trophy. With the gigantic accompanists, he should have taken one major rAgA and experimented it.

His nAga nandini lacked any pace and half way through 60 odd raskiaas scratching their head (what was the raga ?).

As they respect their Guru and show that (attitude) in the concert, do some justifications too by singing…… His father suribaabu gaaru also would not be happy
….
1. Varnam- Natakurinji - Rangasamy N
2. Shankari Sankuru – Saveri - Sang all saraNams with – Shyama sastri
3. KshitijA ramaNam- Devagandhari- MD
4. Nagananandini- (R,S) satanlEni - Neraval in “satta matrama sachitta sai” & Swaram – T
5. Kotinalu danushkoti- Todi- T
6. Ranjani RTP Pallavi- “Ram achandra, Sita manohara, Jagadagambeera, nanubrOvara”….. pallavi in mohanam, Kannada, kalyanavasantham, Mauduvanti….
7. Tani
8. Idadu padam- kamAs – PS
9. Nitya pooja- Dwijavanthi- Annamacharya
10. Madava maamava- NilAbari – Naraya teertar Tarangam

There are certain don’ts- MBs to follow immediately

0. Reduce “talking” in the concert. Especially, Sriramprasad..., where he gets time, he gives lecture.

1. They introduced the artists before the concert as the concert itself started 10 minutes after the schedule. If the rasikas, who come for this 4 PM concert, (losing their precious afternoon napping time) know the artists very well. Also displayed in the board outside too.

2. He was also telling about Rangasamy nattuvanaar. Why should we know about him as his vaRnam speaks volumes about RN

3. To my dismay, he too shankari…. .( Now a days people who want to satisfy Shyama sastri, takes this kriti safely !!!.) They sang all the charanams. Well. Happy. He agains started taking “musicans who sing these big kritis, should sing all the charanams and he started praising sadhgurus”…… (oh No ..)
My question was, why did he sing all charanams referring the book ? Can’t he remember these sankrit verses. Were they not taught by Gurus ?
Great musician Sri. Nedanuri would never have done like this….. His renditions were always majestic and mind boggling.
(I think , if this portabe tambura (radal) is removed, half the artists will be absent from giving concerts. !!!! This is the safe haven for hiding books. As if he is going to appear for exams, he refers at least 3 books for singing these 2-3 kritis.) Atrocious.

4. Another googly. Sriramprasad (MBs) started the meaning of naganandini song. Satta lEni. That to referring the book.
For a moment I thought whether I was sitting in lec-dem or concert.

5. Leaving at least 3-4 minutes between kriti. Restless. Don’t know why.
Taking more time to start the raga beyond this time.

Again coming to first point. These Ranjanees, Revathees are tukkada rAgams. Will not even get “pass mark” even taken as main. For RTP, sorry..

MBs rendering. Of course is impeccable. Embaar and Prasad and raja ganesh are outstanding in their respective field. Of course, Naganadini, Embaa played better (as MBs pAdaantram was confusing to me ).

We come for the concert with huge “music appetite”. You cannot serve as soup and say “thank you” Even a mini hall musician singing a Todi and bairavi and some beautiful swarams to enthrall us.

There was a concert of Nedanuri with LGJ and UKS 1982 in Krishna Gana sabha (where MBs were sitting yesterday) which was released and also in youtube. The ragAs were mohanam (bavanutha), mukhari (muripemu) and RTP- Kambodhi. (danyasi, natakapriya and samaa are other important ragas)…..

Better MBs to take a leaf out of his Guru gAru book.

So distraught, I came to MFAC and listen to brilliant Shashank taking Lataangi (Marivere) and madhyamaavadhi (Rama kadA sudhA) as main.

I have to thank MBs to force me to listen to Shashank. ………….

UTTER CRAP REVIEW. NOT SURE WHAT KNOWLEDGE / GYANAM THIS CHAP HAS TO WRITE NONSENSE OF THIS SORT !!!! THE PROBLEM OF FREE SEPEECH I GUESS :lol: :lol: :lol: