Meaning of Sharanu siddhi vinayaka by Purandadasa in Saurash

Place to go if you want to ask someone identify raga, tala, composer etc or ask for sāhitya (lyrics) or notations or translations.
spchennai

Post by spchennai »

I have got the lyrics of the krithi from karnatik. Can someone help me with the meaning? Thanks.
spchennai

Amateur

Post by Amateur »

Here is the meaning

sharaNu siddhi vinAyaka sharaNu vidyA pradAyaka
I surrender to Siddhi Vinayaka, to the one who imparts (pradAyaka) knowledge

sharaNu pArvati tanaya mUrutisharaNu mUSika vAhana

I surrender to Parvati’s son (tanaya), to one who has the mouse (mUSika) as the vehicle.

niTila nEtrana dEvi sutane nAgabhUSaNa prIyane kaTiKatAngada kOmalAngane karNa kuNDala dhArane

the son of the one with the eye on the forehead (niTila) and Parvati, the beloved of Nagabhushana (Shiva), one with excess (kaTa) waist (kaTi) limb (anga), one with charming (komala) limbs, one who wears earrings (kuNDala)
(kaTi also means an elephant cheek. So kaTikaTAnga can also mean a large elephant cheek)

baTTa muttina padaka hArane bAhu hasta catuSTane iTTa tOdugeya hEma kankaNa pAsha ankuSha dhArane
the one with large (baTTa) pearl pendant (padaka) on the chain (hAra), one who has four (catuSTa) hands (hasta) and arms (bAhu), wearing the ornament (toDuge) a golden (hEma) bracelet (kankaNa), carrier of the noose (pAsa) and hook (ankuSha)

kukSi maha lambOdarane ikSucApana gelidane pakSi vAhana siri purandara viTTalana nija dAsane
Big bellied (maha kukshi) having a large stomach (lambodara), one who defeated (gelidane) Manmatha (ikSuchapa i.e. the one who has a bow made of sugarcane), the true devotee (nija dAsa) of Purandara Vithala who has the bird GaruDa as the vehicle (pakSivAhana)
[Vinayaka is considered a brahmachari & that is the reference to his defeating Manmatha]

for meaning of Sanskrit words see Monier Williams’ online dictionary at
http://webapps.uni-koeln.de/tamil/
and for kannada words at
http://www.kannadakasturi.com

KTBR

Re: Meaning of Sharanu siddhi vinayaka by Purandadasa in Saurash

Post by KTBR »

In caraNam 3, both MLV and MSS sing 'rakSi sannanu' instead of 'kukSi maha'

Anuradhasreenivas

Post by Anuradhasreenivas »

Namaskaram sir,

Can you please sent me the lyrics with notation for dharani siddhu vinayaga.

Thank you sir.
Regards,
Anuradha.

RAVISHANKARA B

Need notation for songs

Post by RAVISHANKARA B »

Sir Kindly send me notation for Sharanu siddhivinayaka, Baaro Krishnayya , Krishna yenabaarade , Venkatachala Nilayam. Thank you.

RAVISHANKARA B

Notation for songs.

Post by RAVISHANKARA B »

Sir Kindly send me notation for Sharanu siddhivinayaka, Baaro Krishnayya , Krishna yenabaarade , Venkatachala Nilayam. Kindly send me if available in Kannada language. Othervise in English. Thank you.

My email is

poojahavanam@gmail.com

RAVISHANKARA B

Need notation for songs

Post by RAVISHANKARA B »

Sir Kindly send me the notation for Sharanu siddhivinayaka in Saurashtra Raaga,
Baaro Krishnayya ,
Krishna yenabaarade ,
Venkatachala Nilayam. Kindly send me if available in Kannada language. Othervise in English. Thank you.

RAVISHANKARA B

Need notation for songs

Post by RAVISHANKARA B »

Sir Kindly send me the notation for Sharanu siddhivinayaka in Saurashtra Raaga,
Baaro Krishnayya ,
Krishna yenabaarade ,
Venkatachala Nilayam. Kindly send me if available in Kannada language. Othervise in English. Thank you.y email is poojahavanam@gmail.com

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Sent.