Vidushi. S.Swarathmika for Naada Inbam

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
sureshvv

Vidushi. S.Swarathmika for Naada Inbam

Post by sureshvv »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXAytRKVgtY

Gripping concert from start to finish. As someone who can listen to multiple live concerts back to back in an auditorium, I find it hard to take in a full length virtual concert in one sitting. This one, however, was quite the exception. Impressive debut concert at Raga Sudha.

Sachi_R

Re: Vidushi. S.Swarathmika for Naada Inbam

Post by Sachi_R »

Your reco. is a big endorsement for me Suresh. Will give a listen.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Suresh,
a confident solid singer with a deeper than usual female voice. She exudes the demeanour of a well trained singer.
The Raga list has a preponderance of vivadiish non-mainstream ragas- Mandari, Bhupalam, Vardhani, (a Bilahari crept in by mistake) and now Varali. What's going on? Have I slept too long to realise that such ragas are mainstream and not our usual big six suspects? Varali shines when wedged between two contrasting and classical ragas...

The BMK Behag tillana is rendered well. It is his tribute to Saint Thyagaraja. Apparently Swaratmika's favourite composer too since there were mostly Thyagaraja items.

Not to take away any credit from Swarathmika's singing. And on VLC with equaliser the mridangam also sounds nice.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Sachi_R wrote: 01 Apr 2021, 15:36 a confident solid singer with a deeper than usual female voice. She exudes the demeanour of a well trained singer.
Absolutely! Being a debut concert, I was just expecting a decent performance and nothing so spectacular or memorable. I remember a similar effect after listening to a radio concert of her father G.Srikanth where he sang Rishabhapriya and the associated Koteeswara Iyer kriti.

Being a Sanskrit aficionado, I was expecting some comments on her rendition of Sada Achaleswaram :D
The Raga list has a preponderance of vivadiish non-mainstream ragas- Mandari, Bhupalam, Vardhani, (a Bilahari crept in by mistake) and now Varali.
Technically Varali is the only "odd" vivadi in this list. Personally I did not catch the Bilahari. Will be happy to check again.
What's going on? Have I slept too long to realise that such ragas are mainstream and not our usual big six suspects?
Not just you. We need these youngsters to come slap us out of the collective slumber we seem to get into.
Varali shines when wedged between two contrasting and classical ragas...
Accorded the status of the main, it shone brightly indeed :)

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

I didn't pay too much attention to the. lyrics But I found her diction to be basically good.

Swarathmika_vocal

Post by Swarathmika_vocal »

Namaskarams all.. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and wishes.. It means a lot to me.. Pranams.. 🙏

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Welcome to Rasikas and Congratulations on your brilliant performances at Raga Sudha hall. Hope to catch more of your upcoming programs.n I think Nick should have some of the photos from your programs and may be he will post them here.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Swarathmika_vocal wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 20:25 Namaskarams all.. Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and wishes.. It means a lot to me.. Pranams.. 🙏
Nice to see a young artist putting a post that too in the last 2 years , as certainly the music concert is not taken up by many rasikas. Best wishes in your music journey @Swarathmika_vocal , by any chance was your name a combo of swaras and raga/thana malika . This is the first time i am hearing this name.

All,
Swarathmika Srikanth is an upcoming talent. She is the daughter and disciple of her father, Vidwan G. Srikanth and the grand daughter of Vidhushi Smt Leelavathy Gopalakrishnan.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Nice concert by the young debutant. A voice that is more well seasoned considering her experience. Vardhani brought memories of the same, an RTP from Sri DvAram - the posting by @varsha

Voice is a god's gift and a kaRnATaka sangIta voice that can subtle itself to let music flow through is even more so. Pray the Goddess bless the vidushi with a long and successful musical journey.

P:S: Like a seasoned new cricket bat of those days! - well do they season them now-a-days? Like wrinkle free clothes , we have seasoning free cricket bats may be! Or they are seasoned by a robot?

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

So it seems... the family has had a role in one other musician:

http://srutimag.blogspot.com/2012/08/mu ... watch.html