suggestion about locked threads

Troubleshooting
RSR

suggestion about locked threads

Post by RSR »

A request to the admin. and mods
========================
Locked threads may kindly be moved to the Lounge.
Threads are locked mostly due to personal attacks and the damage would be less if the thread is moved to the lounge as only members will have access.

Nick H

Re: suggestion about locked threads

Post by Nick H »

It seems like a good idea. Even have a forum rubbish-bin area for locked threads.

But then I thought of one objection: locked threads often begin with the posting of good content. In this case, perhaps the offensive posts could just be removed, if that has not already been done.

RSR

Post by RSR »

p-2
@Nick H
I hope that Lounge is not the same as 'rubbish-bin'.
It is just an area of limited access by forum members only.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Yes, true.

Manian

Post by Manian »

Or give a title - “Abusive and attack posts! - Read at your own mental peril”.
It is sad, even in good posts, people take it as though it is on their personal view is challenged. Forum should be free flow of ideas so that some one idea may become a valuable seed for changes. Also, specific mistake of a singer say, imaginary "Guppammal" would alert others as to why that was a mistake, is it the note or the way it was sung and so on. So, more people will pay attention to that aspect, search and learn, rather than attack on the person.
Some times it takes a long time to revisit the idea after learning several other missing pieces. For example, when some one asked about how do you imagine the mental state of say, Deekshidar when he played his Veena before "Sri Kanthimathim..", did he verbally sing or just played the notes that flowed in his mind? Some dislike the Kriti because it was not first sung and then ported to Veena?
I learned from my mistakes. I thought learning Veena was just simple. The teacher who was waiting for an ignorant student like me said, OK I will teach you in zippy. He vent on playing and after two sessions, I told him: Sir, I pay to learn and not to listen your excellent rendering. The he started teaching playing. But he never mentioned that you should first go a Vocal musician and learn at least several Varnams. So, after a month I realized my mistake and found a vocal musician . This mistake I realized was based on my “presupposition” mentality – every one who learns Veena must have done just that (without realizing the need to learn things first from a Vocalist). It cost me money and time. So, now I admit my mistake without any shame as “ a mistake is a mistake” and by sharing some one from committing the same sin.

The answer to such inquisitive (may be commercially useless but personally enriching) can come only from the discussions here. So, even abuses or angry poss here may serve some purpose or at least teach many as to what is being to the point. Mistakes stored and analyzed will prevent the reinvention of the same old mistake.