Resuming broken downloads?

Ideas and innovations in Indian classical music
srinidhi

Post by srinidhi »

Could someone help me out pleeeeese?

For the last few days, some of the large files that I start downloading, stops midway and I am left with a truncated version of the original. For e.g I was able to download only 36.1 MB of the TRS concert uploaded by Venkat. It has also happened with a couple of other big fies downloaded from Sangeethamshare.

Is it possible to resume the download from where it was broken? (Rather than start downloading from the very begining). Since I have a bsnl broadband service with restriction on the quantity of downloads per month, any suggestion in this regard will be most helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Radhakrishnan

Post by Radhakrishnan »

It is not possible to restart download from where it was broken.If the download stops midway,it has to be a technical problem(with the modem or voltage fluctuation) I assume you have taken home 250 of BSNL broadband,better upgrade to Home 500,where 1GB is the monthly limit,but free from 2am to 8am

rajumds

Post by rajumds »

try using opera. in some cases download has started from where the connection was lost. open the transfer tab & right click on the the file and select resume transfer.

rajumds

Post by rajumds »

now bsnl is giving 2 mbps for all the customers even though it is yet to stablise. As i said in another thread i could download a file of 93 mb in 20 mins.

Rigapada

Post by Rigapada »

FlashGet is a very useful program to manage downloads from sites that support "Resume". Sangeethamshare supports resume. With the help of FlashGet, one can line up whole folders to download, song by song.
-Rigapada