vasanthakokilam

Re: yet another satire about the music season of Chennai

Post by vasanthakokilam »

@pseudbudu Ha.. :)

Quite an entertaining article.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

If the text is half as good as the cartoons, I'm going to enjoy this!

I love the twitter one. How long before artist do start keeping an eye on twitter, or, at least, receiving requests by SMS instead of the slips of paper? We could have their cell number displayed behind them in wonky polystyrene letters!

vainika

Post by vainika »

srikant1987

Post by srikant1987 »

vainika,

This website's background and formatting are too solemn for its contents. |( :tmi:

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

seas-onion -- very clever!

Funny stuff too: great fun :D

vainika

Post by vainika »

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Seasonion Vainika,
You write well!
I would love it if somehow you bring in veiled references to artistes. It will make it more enjoyable. Maybe it is already there but escaped me as I am a bit far away from Chennai onions but make Madras Sambhar at home in Bangalore πŸ˜€

vainika

Post by vainika »

Oh just to clarify. That's not written by me. The posts have been mostly anonymous submissions from multiple rasikas :)

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

If only some of you could read my whatsapp chats and the satire we've cracked so far on all things music and sundry....it is too dangerous to bring up here lest people take them too seriously. :πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Srinath, don't let us miss all that banter and humour! As long as it isn't below the belt or profane, you should share as screenshots. πŸ™‚

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

It seems vainikas are sore. Nobody pays attention to this so called divine instrument. They are raising ruckus about awards to the very anti-thesis of vainika gayaka music. The wooden pot with an extended arm , however is quietly sounding more and more metallic and more and more guitarish. It is in race with "that muddy pot with a neck" for a grammy! :D . The wooden pot which had seen the muddy one graduate to accompany herself alone, is now jealous of the latter's progress! :D

P.S: The westerners were brutally honest. Even if it was a city in a small town america, festival in the park , where a bambooer was invited, it was the muddy pot that caught their attention and they clapped merrily, hearing their signature ping-pong tone! It got more applause than the mridangam ( very much like the U.N concert :o ), which was not the real mridangam after all. The one made with "mrit" from manamadurai, is that muddy pot! There was once a great applause in the naada inbam of SVK, when an NRI vidvan played for a YACMer, which turned the latter's face ashen - πŸ˜…πŸ˜… - "what?! here we have so many of us who toil! what is this?" :lol:. After all the NRI vidvan shed this usual bit of - what an americanized Indian intellecterati might call it - "the Asian humility" πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡ and played with some extra gusto - πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£

PS to PS: These are based on real happenings with characters unnamed ;)

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Can somebody report how the satire density increased in the above post - i.e. the number of people that are object of the satire per word employed? Or in the reverse, the satire efficiency coefficient which is to be defined as the number of words per person? :lol: :D

Ranganayaki

Post by Ranganayaki »

Oh god, somebody do something!