mELa ragas

Rāga related discussions
ramakriya

Post by ramakriya »

This thread has had a real long sleep ... !

prai

Post by prai »

Can someone give the meaning (or link) of the lyrics in the CD Mela Raga?

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

DD-Podhigai has started a programme that is going to explain all 72 melaragas.Already the first 2 are over on 26/06/09.

R.Vedavalli conducted this.Apart from explaining the notes she also sings the melaragamalika of Mahavaidhyanathaiyer for the particular ragas and Kotteswaraiyer kritis composed on these ragas.

A worthwhile programme.

Those interested watch every friday @ 5:30 p.m.Its 1/2 hr.prog.

It seems Vijaysiva,NSG,Suguna Varadachary,Seetha Narayanan & Seetha Rajan will be the other faculties in the coming weeks.

hanquill

Re: mELa ragas kanakambari series-dikshithar

Post by hanquill »

Any one can find that in the dikshithar padhadhi-in first chakra of shudha madhyama-Ma- and first chakra of pradhimadhyama-Mi--dhikshithar avoided swaras "Sa Ra Ga"- in arohanam- because of two shudha swarams cannot go together-because Ga is a viviadi swara and has Dhosham. My question is -Dhikshthar being a Sri Vidya Upasaka-How did he belive in Dosham in Vivadi Swaras?.Can any one explain?-this problem does not exist in Sampoorna melam-which all are aware of .

.( I have made out kritis in all 72melams in Tamil (after Koteeswara Iyer) and certified byDr, SRJ,DR,SRIVATSA ,TRS, S.RAJAMDR.OMANA KUTTY and I have amde lec dem in a few Sabhas-Pl see my blog -http://pammalhari.blogspot.com/

mohan

Re: mELa ragas kanakambari series-dikshithar

Post by mohan »

hanquill wrote:I have made out kritis in all 72melams in Tamil (after Koteeswara Iyer) and certified byDr, SRJ,DR,SRIVATSA ,TRS, S.RAJAMDR.OMANA KUTTY and I have amde lec dem in a few Sabhas-Pl see my blog -http://pammalhari.blogspot.com/
Sri Pammal Hariharan good to have you on the forum. Are audio versions and lyrics/notations of your compositions available?

hanquill

Re: mELa ragas

Post by hanquill »

mohan thks-yes available-I can send it only bt post -some apoorva ragas you can watch my singing in you tube shorltly.

SrinathK

Re: mELa ragas

Post by SrinathK »

A much needed bump - these threads were the days when we had the best discussions. Unfortunately now we have the resources out there to discuss the music more than ever, but most of the experts have ceased posting here or have departed the world :(