S.Aishwarya & S.Saundarya perform at Pune (Feb 1st 2019)

Concerts and other events related to CM.
cienu

S.Aishwarya & S.Saundarya perform at Pune (Feb 1st 2019)

Post by cienu »

Dear Rasikas of Pune

My daughters S Aishwarya & S Saundarya are truly delighted that they will be performing the inaugural concert at Mahalakshmi Lawns in Pune tomorrow (Feb 1st 2019) from 5 pm onwards under the auspices of "Gaana Saraswati Mahotsav" in a festival dedicated to the memory of one of India's Greatest Musicians, Padma Vibhushan Awardee, the late Kishori Amonkar Ji.

Supporting them will be

Vidwan Shri Vishwajith Mattur on the violin, Vidwan Shri Phanindra Bhaskara on Mridangam &
Vidushi Smt Bhagyalakshmi M Krishna on Morching.

Looking forward to meet the music lovers of Pune

PS: This is a ticketed concert. Aĺl details on availability are mentioned in the flier below

thanjavooran

Re: S.Aishwarya & S.Saundarya perform at Pune (Feb 1st 2019)

Post by thanjavooran »

Excellent!
Good luck to Aish and Sound.
There will be more Hindustani Bajans I presume.
Blessings
Thanjavooran
31 01 2019

cienu

Post by cienu »

thanjavooran wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 23:03 Excellent!
Good luck to Aish and Sound.
There will be more Hindustani Bajans I presume.
Blessings
Thanjavooran
31 01 2019
Thank you for your kind wishes Sri Thanjavooran. :)

This will be a Carnatic Music Concert. There may be just one Bhajan keeping in mind the MSS lineage. :)

The 3 day festival conducted by "Gaanasaraswati Mahotsav" (under the guidance of Shri Raghunandan Panshikar who himself is a disciple of the late Kishori Ji) is a Hindustani Classical Music extravaganza (except the one concert by S Aishwarya & S Saundarya).

This festival is one of the most popular festivals in Pune every year.

Stalwarts like S/S - Shrinivas Joshi (Son of Bharat Ratna Pandit Bhimsen Joshi), Jayateerth Mevundi, Budhaditya Mukherjee, Sangeetha Shankar (Violin), Anand Bhate,
Ajay Pohankar, Debopriyo & Suchismita Chaterjee (Flute) and a few more are performing this year.

The organisers were mentioning that every year one Carnatic Music concert is showcased in the festival.

cienu

Post by cienu »

An article in the leading Marathi Newspaper "Maharashtra Times" this morning edition (Feb 1st 2019) welcoming S.Aishwarya and S.Saundarya to the historic city of Pune for the concert this evening at Mahalakshmi Lawns under the auspices of "Gaana Saraswati" Mahotsav in memory of the Legendary Smt Kishori Amonkar.
The boxed item mentions about my Grandmother Dr M.S.Subbulakshmi being the first musician ever to receive the "Bharat Ratna" and how Smt Kishori Ji complimented her with these immortal words " Subbulakshmi Ji - You are the eight note (Aathvan Sur) of Bharthiya Shastriya Sangeet".