Good to See that a Few Features are Back!

Troubleshooting
arasi

Good to See that a Few Features are Back!

Post by arasi »

srkris,
Thanks!
The date and time of the posts in each forum can be seen now. A big help. So also the number of posts, and the number of views.
The only things left now are: numbering of the posts (to easily refer to one after many posts) and the thumbs up facility. Nick would be happy, and so also many others. That feature makes a friendly assent visible, without an additional post to agree with it or show appreciation...

Nick H

Re: Good to See that a Few Features are Back!

Post by Nick H »

"like" :)

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Bring this feature please , i am recycling the post that i posted before

-----------------------

Rajesh asked then

Let me take few steps back
Search user’s posts and Search user’s topics are clear .In search user's topics it will point out to the topics that the user opened as a new topic. What I am asking as the third option is the roll up of all topics that the user has participated . I am certainly not asking to roll up only the posts by a particular topic.

One use of this third feature - many a time I know a particular user has posted a lot of good posts though he has not started that topic. If I click search users posts all the posts of that user will be displayed. It is difficult to wade to that post, where as if you have the topic rolled up , it is easier to use that link.

In the profile page it now this way Search user’s posts | Search user’s topics
Instead we can have it as View Posts | View New Topics by User | View All Topics by User

The First two View posts and View New Topics by user is the same as the existing and the third is what I am asking for.

Hope I am clear

------------------------------
Srkris did the feature and posted

OK got it. This is done. I have renamed the options to make them clearer.

User’s posts | Topics Started | Topics Participated

Topics participated is the newly introduced option

arasi

Post by arasi »

srkris,
We have the number on posts in the threads now! How we need them, with many interesting discussions going on with a large number of posts! Thanks.
The like feature is back too, and how :)
Nick,
There, you have it--Like multiplied :)

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Yes, but Rajesh's suggestions are still pending (need to redo them after every update - typically twice or thrice a year). The wiki is also broken. Hopefully will not remain pending for much longer.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Srkris
Can you put your changes in version control system so that you have faster turnaround.
ALso you had https security certificate before , can you please reconfigure that please

ALL
In general when there is spam you just have to wait as it may have happened when srkris was sleeping . During that time wait patiently for him to clean . Do not add any more posts till it is cleaned over and above the spam posts, then srkris has more work .

RSR

Post by RSR »

I suggest that we have a 'selfie' section ( no photo) , under 'people'. where members can give 'one time' self-introduction (editable). if they want and to the extent they want to share info about themselves. (Some may prefer not to talk about themselves) . This will help in understanding the specialized field of persons participating in the forum. and guard one from impetuous posts in reply to experts in their realms.

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Thanks for the suggestion RSR. Will see if this idea has any wider support.

Rajesh ji - security certificate, yes.
Version control, maybe.